D&D 5E Which MTG Setting would you want as an official D&D Setting?

What MTG Plane would you like to have an official D&D Setting Book?

• Amonkhet

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Dominaria

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Eldraine

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Ikoria

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Innistrad

• Ixalan

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Kaladesh

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Kaldheim

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Strixhaven

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Tarkir

• Zendikar

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Some other MTG Plane

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • No more MTG settings!

Votes: 22 23.9%

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
A Transformers/Kaladessh crossover!!! (only I was kidding).

I guess the next will be Innistrad, and some day Eldraine, and later Kaldheim.
0F1DBAB3-18B4-4C18-8A7E-41F6FD0D438A.jpeg

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
As a Transformers fan, we've already had our D&D-esque crossover figures. They were Kreos. Additionally Rust Monsters are canon in Transformers as horrible monsters in the depths of Cybertron.

We're not going to get a crossover in stores becuase its been 20 years and where's my updated Skyquake and Thunderclash, Hasbro? Thunderclash even appeared in a new comic and everyone fell in love with him. Like, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the new Beast Wars figures and have Megs and Primal proudly on my desk, but I want a new Clench and Pyro and I want them to be huge, but instead we get like 5 variants of the same tank Megatron. I want my giant sparkly plastic incredibly 90s truck and firetruck. With the Turbomasters and the Predators. And the Stormtroopers and the Aquaspeeders. I mean, just, redo Sideswipe in Drench's colours with a new gun. It'll be fine.

Anywho, my endless ranting done for the moment, Tarkir's fun but honestly, while its a pretty much never going to happen again setting? Kamigawa has some promise

Kamigawa was more like a "one-shot". It is not easy to create new stories not-linked with the kamis.

Ilkoria is not easy to be adapted because it is about kaijus as potential monster allys, and it may the a broken power too easily.

I think Innistrad will be the closest to be published, because it allows new creative options that the new Ravenloft as setting couldn't, for example conflicts between supernatural factions. Maybe there is a open door for a future crossover, or at least some character from one in the other as "guest artist".

Eldraine looks as designed the Shreck version by WotC, mixing touchs of dark fantasy but also family-friendly. It is strange the total absence of news after this. When Theros was published they made a lot of effort for the lore to be known.

I don't feel confortable about the vampires from Ixalan. I am afraid they are too inspired in the Hispanophobic stereotypes of the Spanish black legend. And it is even more annoying when I remember Spanish empire really made a serious effort to be the least evil. How are you going to explain Natives American they should be happy because English arrived to the East Coast before the Spanishs who explored and conquered California?

* I wouldn't be too surprised if there is a new race of "ponyfolk", enough cutes, but not too ridiculous in a sword&sorcery world.

I voted "no more!" because I think we have enough for now, and the most "likely" ones seem pretty poor fits for D&D (Zendikar) and/or outright dull (Dominaria), but if there are any, Strixhaven and Eldraine should be top of the list. Strixhaven fits with something that's big in pop-culture fantasy and will likely remain so for decades, and Eldraine is something that D&D could use, and in a modern style.

Mercurius

Legend
I don't see why they'd do Innistrad, at least anytime soon, given that Ravenloft is about to come out.

I'm not a Magic player, but am also struck by the inventiveness of the planes, so would be happy with pretty much any of them, or at least most.

That said, my guess would be Strixhaven, which looks like it would have appeal to the younger demographic and is also upcoming. It wouldn't be my top choice, and would prefer something like Zendikar, New Phyrexia, Tarkir, Kamigawa, or even Dominaria.

Remove ads