Which non-core monsters should have been core?

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Bullywugs, Death Knight, Phoenix, Dracolich, the Demon/Devil Lords, Brain Mole, Intellect Devourer, Thri-Kreen, Gas Spore, Astral Dreadnought...

Hell, the list could go on and on.

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Yugoloths definitely. It's also strange that the banshee and sirene aren't core when wail of the banshee and the pearl of the sirenes are. I would have loved to see the ethyk (which still hasn't been converted) turn up somewhere.

By the way, why aren't slaad OGC when eladrins, guardinals, and formians are?

Shemeska

Adventurer
Yugoloths. There's something sad about the exemplars of neutral evil being left out of 'core' entirely for reasons of page length, and not wanting to have too many outsiders in the book.

Modrons, and coincidentally, the reasons above for the 'loths were also apparently some of the major reasons for not having modrons in the MM as well. Of course, later on, with different folks in charge, there seemed to be a much for obvious and actual distate for them. Sorry, but Formians suck, and as described they deserve to uniformly slide into Acheron, rather than being around in Mechanus.

Genasi. No reason to not include them among the planetouched.

Paraelementals

Quasielementals

Shade

Monster Junkie
Wow...too many to list...but definitely the yugoloths, first and foremost. I agree with the paraelementals, and I'd also like to see at least a few of the rilmani and demodands/gehreleths so they'd be in the SRD. I'd also like a couple of non-chromatic or non-metallic dragons, probably the shadow dragon and mist dragon. And for sheer nostalgia's sake, the hook horror. :)

Remove ads