Which of these D&D classes would you take if you had to choose one?

The Lodestar is the one that I think sounds the most interesting; I actually read the Savant, but didn't like it. Just didn't wow me like I'd hoped it would. The Mahout was interesting as well, but not my cup of tea in general.

The Lodestar is the one that I think sounds the most interesting; I actually read the Savant, but didn't like it. Just didn't wow me like I'd hoped it would. The Mahout was interesting as well, but not my cup of tea in general.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Fatebender sounds interesting - mess with the dice rolls.

Since last session my d20 rolled '7' five rounds in a row. An extra boost would have been nice. Even a +1more would have been a hit !

I

Immortal Sun

Dedicated pet class sounds nice, assuming that A: the pets aren't dull and squishy and B: the PC isn't likewise dull and squishy.

Don't like the name tho.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Geomancer. I have classes already that fill the Savant and Gunfighter niche in a manner I prefer, but the Geomancer has some really different mechanics that I like.

Zardnaar

Legend
Morrus most of those classes are powered. 2 of them at least drastically- lodestar and tinkerer. Mahout was hard to rate the concept was good. Gemini in play was also a lot weaker than a basic fighter/thief in actual play. The PC was retired.

Have you done a survey if people are using these classes?

Last edited by a moderator:

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Hmm. I started thinking Bloodweaver, except that I'd interpret macabre to mean "gruesome." Then the Gemini looked cool, since it might involve playing different personalities on any given day...

...but then the Monster Tamer mentioned slimes. And there's nothing cooler than having a massive booger in your party.

Rellott

Explorer
The savant and the fatebender are both classes I’ve already considered playing (but haven’t found the right game for them yet). The gemini seems interesting, and I’d consider it. The lodestar seems interesting but requires way more bookkeeping/tactical mapping than I’m up for. The others range from “meh, not my style” like the mahout and gunslinger to “I don’t think this should exist in D&D” like the tinkerer and the bloodweaver.

Remove ads

Remove ads