D&D General Which of these should be core classes for D&D?

Which of these should be core D&D classes?

• Fighter

Votes: 152 90.5%
  • Cleric

Votes: 137 81.5%
  • Thief

Votes: 139 82.7%
  • Wizard

Votes: 147 87.5%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 77 45.8%
  • Bard

Votes: 102 60.7%
  • Ranger

Votes: 86 51.2%
  • Druid

Votes: 100 59.5%
  • Monk

Votes: 74 44.0%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 67 39.9%
  • Warlock

Votes: 69 41.1%
  • Alchemist

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Artificer

Votes: 35 20.8%
  • Necromancer

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Ninja

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Samurai

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Priest

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Witch

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Summoner

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Psionicist

• Gish/Spellblade/Elritch Knight

• Scout/Hunter (non magical Ranger)

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • Commander/Warlord

Votes: 41 24.4%
  • Elementalist

• Illusionist

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Assassin

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Wild Mage

• Swashbuckler (dex fighter)

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Archer

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Inquisitor/Witch Hunter

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Detective

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Vigilante

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Other I Forgot/Didn't Think Of

Votes: 23 13.7%

Remathilis

Legend
I give it two years
I give it until some tech company figures out how to skim successfully without designer/user backlash. Once that company cracks the code, all bets are off in nearly every industry.
Or design for people different from themselves.
Or new designers.

The paint store has purple paint even if the owner doesn't like purple.
They ARE designing for other people. They are designing for the squeaky wheels who complain on social media, in blogs, and fill out scathing UA reports. If they were adamant about designing for THEIR tastes, we'd still have the ardling.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I give it until some tech company figures out how to skim successfully without designer/user backlash. Once that company cracks the code, all bets are off in nearly every industry.

They ARE designing for other people. They are designing for the squeaky wheels who complain on social media, in blogs, and fill out scathing UA reports. If they were adamant about designing for THEIR tastes, we'd still have the ardling.
can they at least add something new then I always ask for a psion/mystic and I have not gotten that or anything beyond the standard it needs something new and different just to function

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
That doesn't mean that they're designing for other people.

They could still designing for themselves but only using other people as a filter for what they will allow in the game.

If they were designing for other people the assimar would be a core race. As that's the reason why people did not want the aardling, the other people had assimar.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Thing is, they wanted to (and lets please not debate this here again folks) but they didnt.

So instead we get things like this.

And I'm fine with that. I dont need Wizards to do anything beyond NOT screwing up 5e/D&D further. BG3 shows the way, D&D can still be the D&D some of us want, and the core 'truth' of 5e doesnt do anything to screw that up.

Yet.
If they’d wanted to they’d have just done it. An outcry that didn’t even dent their revenue wouldn’t have stopped them. 🤷‍♂️

If you don’t want a debate, the only way to guarantee that is don’t make statements of fact that aren’t factual. Otherwise, anyone who interprets the available information different is going to respond, as they should.

doctorbadwolf

I'd rather see Drizz't wiped from the collective memory of everyone, so we can have our real Rangers back.
Aragorn wasn’t wearing plate, either.
Evergreen? As in constantly dropping pine needles and poisoning the forest floor for any other life trying to spring up, leading to a barren environment beyond that one species?
Such melodrama! Lol

Monopoly is evergreen. That’s the goal.

Scribe

Legend
If they’d wanted to they’d have just done it. An outcry that didn’t even dent their revenue wouldn’t have stopped them. 🤷‍♂️

They didnt know it wouldnt dent their revenue, it was bad press making the rounds on main stream media. That said, I felt it was about to blow over at the time, but clearly it was press that wasnt worth what Wizards was after.

doctorbadwolf

They didnt know it wouldnt dent their revenue, it was bad press making the rounds on main stream media. That said, I felt it was about to blow over at the time, but clearly it was press that wasnt worth what Wizards was after.
Or, they changed course because the people who made the decisions initially didn’t understand the community/industry, and were shocked by the reaction, and were working on reversing course before the leak even happened once they were shown what it would do to the industry.

I don’t think the intention was ever to screw anyone over. Once they were yelled at that the result would be exactly that, they did a hard 180.

Scribe

Legend
Or, they changed course because the people who made the decisions initially didn’t understand the community/industry, and were shocked by the reaction, and were working on reversing course before the leak even happened once they were shown what it would do to the industry.

I don’t think the intention was ever to screw anyone over. Once they were yelled at that the result would be exactly that, they did a hard 180.

Respectfully disagree.

Remove ads