• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which team will win Super Bowl XXXIX?

Which team will win Super Bowl XXXIX?

Felix

Explorer
AFC dominance continues.
And to think that I was naive enough 8 years ago to say "Gee, I'm kind of tired of always seeing the NFC win. It's been what... since 83? I hope the AFC has at least one good team next year."

And that did it. Sigh.

As for Pats v Eagles, I vote for "Both Mangled and Killed."

Pats, but that's just because I'd like to see the Eagles win. For some reason, I always pick the wrong team to cheer for. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Superbowl is the only football game I ever watch.

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Patriots will win.

They are statistically better because they are better individually at every position on the field, with the exception of defensive end (hey, they only use TWO! :) ) and *maybe* safety. If T.O. plays then the Eagles also have an edge at #1 receiver, but it might cause Mitchell and Pinkston to revert to the shrinking violets they were for most of the season. With the exception of a couple of plays, I think Atlanta didn't scheme their runs very well, which made the Philly defense look more ironclad than it really is. I think Corey Dillon will shred them, pumped that his move to the Pats paid dividends the very first year. And really, no defense has shown the consistent ability to stop the Pats' attack. On offense, I don't think Philly's "screen and bomb" style will work against the Pats' odd 2-6-3 defensive scheme.

Patriots 27
Eagles 16

Stone Angel

First Post
Gotta go with the Pats I just don't think that the Eagle match up matter of Fact I don't really think that the NFC really matched up against the AFC all the well at all. But that is for the pro bowl.

I really would love to see the eagles win because I like McNaab but I really like the Patriots attitude goin into the game.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

Captain Tagon

First Post
Crothian said:
Patriots though I was looking forwad to seeing the Steelers...:(

At least we can say that the Steelers did something this year that not even the Patriots or Eagles could do....beat the Pittsburgh Steelers.

drothgery

First Post
Stone Angel said:
Gotta go with the Pats I just don't think that the Eagle match up matter of Fact I don't really think that the NFC really matched up against the AFC all the well at all. But that is for the pro bowl.

It didn't; the only NFC team in the top 10 is... the Eagles. My guess is that we'll see a rare close Super Bowl, but New England will win; the factors that helped NE dominate against the Colts (bad weather, the "can't beat the Pats" monkey on their back) and the Steelers (rookie QB, Cowher's poor record in the AFC Championship) won't be an issue with the Eagles. My hope is that Philly will win, but the numbers say that the Pats are a bit better.

Remove ads