• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which team will win Super Bowl XXXIX?

Which team will win Super Bowl XXXIX?

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
I voted Eagles, cause they totally won the Battle Of Five Armies and rescued Gandalf, Frodo, and Sam.

I don't know much about sports. I think I once hit a slapshot in cross court for a three-point home run, but I had to slide into the wicket for the birdie, and then it was my serve. My opponent picked up the spare with a behind the back fake and got a touchdown.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Uh ... I had to look at the poll just to know who was even playing. And then read the responses to figure out which teams those logos refered to.

So I'm guessing "Seattle Seahawks" will go all the way!

Edit: Oh, wait, I used to live in New England (sorta -- New York state's part of New England, right?) -- so that's who I'm voting for.

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Crothian said:
THe Pats also fought two of the best teams in the NFL to get to the superbowl, the Eagles...did not. The toughest game the Eagles played was verse the AFC, the PAts had a much tougher road......

Yes, the Eagles played the Steelers in Week 9 and lost 27-3...with a healthy, complete roster. The Patriots held the Colts to 3 points...that was no fluke (well, ok, maybe a little bit :D)...and dominated the Steelers. If they continue to play that well this weekend, then the Eagles don't stand a chance. I think New England's D will totally confuse McNabb, who is not good at reading defenses to begin with. Philly's best chance to score is if Westbrook can break off a huge run, either on the ground or on a screen. McNabb will throw 2 INTs, though, and Brady will throw 0, which will be a huge hump to overcome.

Halftime score
NE 13
Philly 3

Final Score
NE 30
Philly 13

Welverin

First Post
Crothian said:
THe Pats also fought two of the best teams in the NFL to get to the superbowl, the Eagles...did not. The toughest game the Eagles played was verse the AFC, the PAts had a much tougher road......

Um, what does that have to do with it? What matters is who is the better team this week and who plays better, not who the better loser was a game or two ago. Plus from what I saw in the Colts game that hardly qualifies as a tough game.

Anyway you can use that as a reason the Pats will lose, after all they've had to ecxpend more effort and have gotten more beat up, thus making them less likely to win.

There are plenty of good reasons to pick the Pats to win, I don't think this is one of them.

d20Dwarf said:
Yes, the Eagles played the Steelers in Week 9 and lost 27-3...with a healthy, complete roster. The Patriots held the Colts to 3 points...that was no fluke (well, ok, maybe a little bit :D)...and dominated the Steelers. If they continue to play that well this weekend, then the Eagles don't stand a chance. I think New England's D will totally confuse McNabb, who is not good at reading defenses to begin with. Philly's best chance to score is if Westbrook can break off a huge run, either on the ground or on a screen. McNabb will throw 2 INTs, though, and Brady will throw 0, which will be a huge hump to overcome.

Halftime score
NE 13
Philly 3

Final Score
NE 30
Philly 13

You’re Merril Hoge, aren’t you?

The Shaman

First Post
Dr. Anomalous said:
I think I once hit a slapshot in cross court for a three-point home run, but I had to slide into the wicket for the birdie, and then it was my serve. My opponent picked up the spare with a behind the back fake and got a touchdown.
GGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL!

;)

Pats by 12.5 - two large at stake... :eek:

Aeolius

Adventurer
I'm hoping Anheuser-Busch gets 3 out of the top 5 commercials.

As for the parts in-between the commercials; I have never had an interest in sports and actively dislike football.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
The Shaman said:
GGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL!

;)

Pats by 12.5 - two large at stake... :eek:

How can you possibly win? The pats won;t be able to score a 1/2 point! You fool! You've fallen for one of the classic blunders! ;)

And BOZ - :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads