Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Reprise, IC03

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Still here, boss. Just being even more sneaky than the ever-sneaky Cappizio . . . see, so sneaky even the GM didn't notice me! :D

Manny seats his longspear in the crook of an arm and makes his way through the underdark with his friends.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"Keep an eye out for anything dangerous. The noise of the river will make it heard to hear anything coming." Kerlan and the others continue on to the river.

Leif

Adventurer
The nameless underground river flows lazily past, and a smell of sulpher fills the area near it. There is a small amount of mist rising from the water. The 'bridge' over the river is constructed of wood and looks none too sturdy. In fact, it looks as if some quite long time has passed since the bridge had much of any maintainence at all. The river is roughly 30 feet wide, and the water level looks to be about 6 to 8 feet below the level of the passage. The bridge has a short flight of steps leading up to it, making the bridge about twelve to fifteen feet above the level of the river, and the ceiling of the Underdark passage is some 8 feet or more higher than the bridge. There appear to be some 'hollowed out' areas on either side of the bridge down near the water, but you can't see into them from this vantage as they seem to extend beneath the bridge. Getting down to the water from here would seem to be quite an arduous feat, considering that the sides of the bridge and the walls of the passage are moist with condensation, which would make a climb very difficult if not out of the question altogether. The Underdark passage continues on in the same direction (west) for as far as you can see.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Cappizzio looks dubioulsy at the bridge, not really trusting it at all. He checks his mental invatory of spells and remembers he has lasting breath on hand as he gazes into the mist shrouded waters.
*gulp*

ooc: can we see where the water dissapears into? is therre the sounds or rapids or falls downstream?

Leif

Adventurer
ooc: can we see where the water dissapears into? is there the sound of rapids or falls downstream?
Your artificial light sources reflect off the surface of the water, making it impossible to see the depths of the stream. It flows off out of your sight in both directions, and you hear no rapids, just the quiet babble of the lazy river.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"well, I will go first. Lets see if we can tie a rope to me in case I fall, it will make it easier to climb back up. otherwise we can tie it off on both sides and use it as a safety line for the rest to cross over. Last one over ties them selves to the far end and that one will do as I did to this end. Sound good?"

Remove ads