• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who’s your best Batman?

Best Bat?

• Adam West

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Keaton

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • Kilmer

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Clooney

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Bale

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Batfleck

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Robert Battinson

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Wilson (Wikipedia says this was a thing?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lowery (also Wikipedia?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That kid in the Gotham show

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Some other obscure choice from like a cereal packet or something but it’s important dammit!

Votes: 4 5.0%

delericho

Legend
Yes, this is the correct answer.

Seems like the rules are set up to eliminate him. :(

It's kind of like "What is the best cookie. Must not contain chocolate."
Not really. Voice acting and live action really are different disciplines, with different requirements - consider, for example, the huge physical transformation Affleck went through in order to play the role. Or, conversely, that Hamill is great as the Joker, but probably wouldn't work in live-action.

(Of course, I do also wonder to what extent the individual performance is separable from the material that it is in - Clooney is likely to come last in the poll, but is that because he was poor in the role, or because "Batman & Robin" was execrable?)

Did he actually suit up? I remember him limping around as Bruce.
To the best of my recollection, no. Though it was only one short scene in a fairly long piece, so I may be misremembering.

Ryujin

Legend
Wilson was the 1943 serials.
Heavy propaganda and well, some of the colorful language is more than a tad racist by modern standards.

I voted for Robert Pattison.
For once Batman felt like the worlds greatest detective.
I believe that both runs of the serial are currently on Tubi.

I almost voted for Pattinson. His portrayal was the best I've seen in years, which surprised the hell out of me.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Not really. Voice acting and live action really are different disciplines, with different requirements - consider, for example, the huge physical transformation Affleck went through in order to play the role. Or, conversely, that Hamill is great as the Joker, but probably wouldn't work in live-action.
he managed to do the Trickster in CW Flash which was virtually live action Joker
grant-gustin-flash-mark-hamill-trickster-set.jpg

R_J_K75

Legend
Best Bruce Wayne was disheveled Michael Keaton looking like "the Dude" beating the hell out of the Barry Allens while rocking out to 25 or 6 to 4.

Remove ads