Who brings food? The GM or the Players?

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Watermelon is definitely my #1 Draft Pick for "Food that I get, and I'm all like 'THIS IS SO AWESOME, I NEED TO EAT THIS EVERY DAY, YUM YUM YUM' but then I don't, because it's hard to cut it up, and can be messy, and I forget, and its no longer in season until next year, and the cycle repeats."

True, and yet I still can't bring myself to spend the extra money on pre cut watermelon.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I've bought the pre cut, and then curse myself for spending 3 times as much on half the portion, that's usually not as fresh besides.

Vow not to do it again -
Rinse, repeat.

The ideal scenario is to buy the whole watermelon then get someone else to deal with the mess. :cool:

JonnyP71

Explorer
We sort our own food out If you want food you bring some, if you don't want any you don't bring any. If you want a full meal eat it before the session starts, don't interrupt our game with your takeaway. (our sessions are typically from 7.30pm to around midnight).

I have to be careful about my weight, so I dislike it when there's a constantly replenished table full of snacks for everyone to help themselves to. It's hard to resist when everyone else is digging in... so I prefer it when people are expected to sort themselves out for food.

And as DM, all I ask is that someone makes me a cup of tea once every couple of hours or so.

Last edited:

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Who brings the food? Whoever wants to eat it.

Problem is, of 5 people at my table (including me) 3 (not including me) think game night is a fine excuse to bust out the cheese and meat and other assorted fancy snacks...and wine; leading to my game sometimes being referred to not as D&D but as "F&F", for Feasts and Foodies.

And there's little point in having a game board (or battlemat) if you can't see most of it under all the food. :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I've bought the pre cut, and then curse myself for spending 3 times as much on half the portion, that's usually not as fresh besides.

Between a subway stop and my workplace, there is a Whole Foods market. This is a busy downtown area, with lots of commuters getting to work. So, the market has a really remakrable turnover rate on items that are common for breakfast or lunch. They are restocking that pre-cut watermelon several times a day. Find yourself the equivalent, and you are set.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases