D&D 4E Who else is going to be a deserter when 4e comes out?

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Ranger REG said:
I woudn't know. My only drugs are food and D&D.
So then what are you putting on your food to impart the insane belief that Wizards of the Coast would stop supporting the most popular fantasy setting of all time?

Turjan

Explorer
the black knight said:
I never addressed a time frame in my comment, so your snide aside is meaningless.
Well, my comment was added, because your post implied that the release of D&D 3.5e was planned in this way from the very beginning. I just pointed out that this was not the case. I did this by referring to exactly the same source as you did. And the "snide aside" was merely a quote from your own post, just used to illustrate once more in what astonishingly versatile way the same words can be used :).

Melan

Explorer
I have already deserted the game for C&C. When and if 4e comes out, I will likely take a long look at the previews and maybe buy a PHB to see where the game is going. If they are releasing good OGL stuff at the time, I will probably buy that too. On the other hand, I don't feel like "staying current". A business is required to do so, a hobbyist is not. I am, and will always be, the latter.

Ranger REG

Explorer
mhacdebhandia said:
So then what are you putting on your food to impart the insane belief that Wizards of the Coast would stop supporting the most popular fantasy setting of all time?
It's not insane. It's simply an understanding that all good things will come to an end. Greyhawk had a good run, so will Forgotten Realms, and though I will probably be six feet under by then, Eberron will retire in favor of something new and fresh.

It's like knowing your favorite dog has lived a good 15 years.

Greyson

Explorer
It's A Rumor

Psionicist said:
4e? Isn't that just a bad joke of a rumor? I have not been paying mutch attention the last few years though, but still. 3e and 3.5e were just released!
Yes, I'd have to say that 4th Edition is a rumor. Just gossip to fragment the D&D community and stir up the internecine flaming amongst gamers. I am sceptical about the notion of a pending 4th Edition and certainly don't believe it is any time soon.

Happy gaming.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Greyson said:
Yes, I'd have to say that 4th Edition is a rumor. Just gossip to fragment the D&D community and stir up the internecine flaming amongst gamers. I am sceptical about the notion of a pending 4th Edition and certainly don't believe it is any time soon.
With all due respect, the community is already fragmented over 4e. Some wanted (now) and some don't want it (at least not until after 2010).

Kapture

First Post
Chainsaw Mage said:
When we heard about "3.5" (God, what a stupid name), a lot of people said, "WTF? They just released 3rd!"

But when "3.5" came out, all the zombies marched out obediently and bought it. WotC could release 4th edition tomorrow and it would be a huge success.

Fools. I hate hive minds. :(

Well then, invent a doomsday device to wipe out the sheeple and start a utopia from clones.

Duh.

Kapture

First Post
Gorilla726 said:
Another thought that I just had. People shouldn't be against more versions of games coming out, because it allows for people to find a version they really like. The more out there, the more options.

Gorilla

Dude, you're such a hippie. What a nice sentiment.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Ranger REG said:
With all due respect, the community is already fragmented over 4e. Some wanted (now) and some don't want it (at least not until after 2010).

Some folks wnat it? That's the first time I've heard anyone claim that someone was actively waiting for a fourth edition. Not that I doubt you, I just hadn't heard anyone actively advocating the need for one, just saying they wouldn't kick it out of bed. :)

Kanegrundar

Explorer
WizarDru said:
Some folks wnat it? That's the first time I've heard anyone claim that someone was actively waiting for a fourth edition. Not that I doubt you, I just hadn't heard anyone actively advocating the need for one, just saying they wouldn't kick it out of bed. :)
There is at least one poster that has he wants 4E now since he really doesn't like 3E. I don't remember who, but there is at least one.

Kane

Remove ads