D&D 5E Who got their Rime today?

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Just a pet peeve of mine but this sort of thing really bothers me. It is a big complex game book that serves as both an adventure and a campaign sourcebook. No one who hasn't run the thing can effectively "review" it as either of those things. The best they can do is summarize it and tell you if they thought it had some cool ideas in it, or not.

For some reason, posting "reviews" of adventures that you haven't actually fully read, much less played, is standard practice for a lot of RPG sites & Youtubers. It's really weird. With an adventure like this, ideally, yes, you'd play it before reviewing but realistically that takes like a year so I get it. But at least read the whole book before reviewing it, as you would read any other book before reviewing that.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I'll be interested to hear from everyone on this thread who gets it to the table first; and how they find it to play.

For me, my GM recently said he wants to run it after Mad Mage. And we're only L10 in Mad Mage, so I probably won't actually get to read my copy until sometime in 2023 🙃

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've read only about 25% of it, and skimmed the rest, but so far I think it's one of the best books they've made when it comes to clever locations, interesting creatures/characters up to interesting things, and tons and tons of stuff that can be used without running the whole thing.

I like it.

Forester

Villager
Today I finished reading to the end of it (I did skim-read a few parts). Love so much. I think I can use this book for a long time.

But the Epilogue?? ‘The Obelisk has now sent them back to the spring of -343 DR … the characters now have a whole new world to explore … you will need to delve into earlier products...’

No thank you. That won’t happen.

Today I finished reading to the end of it (I did skim-read a few parts). Love so much. I think I can use this book for a long time.

But the Epilogue?? ‘The Obelisk has now sent them back to the spring of -343 DR … the characters now have a whole new world to explore … you will need to delve into earlier products...’

No thank you. That won’t happen.
That's just one of the possible endings though....

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Why didn't they go with a more Northern Alaska style approach instead of a frozen hell? I never got the impression in the early Drizzt novels that it was Antartica

To be fair, in the Drizzt novels, there wasn't a lesser goddess going full Elsa in a fit of pique and using her divine powers to create a magically induced (geographically limited) ice age and cause the daylight to only shine for a few hours each day. The unnatural frozen hell thing is a plot point that the PCs have to address.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases