Who Is Going To GenCon 2007?

CarlZog

Explorer
Well, I'm feeling pretty sure I'll be there. Schedule's gonna be tight, but I should make it.

I'll be busy making sure that WotC adopts the Alternity system for 4e. :lol:

Carl

jaults

First Post
My wife and I moved from Central PA to Santiago, Chile in November. When I found out that her sister is getting married in August, I thought, "Oh, please, please, please! Not the 18th!" Her wedding is the 10th, so GenCon 2007, here we come! This is year number five for myself and three of my friends...

Jason

As per usual, I won't be there. Damn Australia being so far away from the US!

I do dream of one day making it to Gen Con, for a couple of reasons. Firstly it is regarded as the Mecca of gaming. You have to try and make it at least once in your lifetime. Secondly, it would be great to finally meet up with a lot of the EN Worlders that I only know via screen name. Thirdly, 4 days of non-stop gaming. How can you possibly not get excited by that?

It won't be happening for the next few years at the very least though. Baby number 1 is due in early September so I imagine that I can say bye-bye to disposable income for a while. Maybe what I need to do is get out of the public sector and into a multi-national company. I can fly to the US for a business trip and make a small diversion to GenCon. Now there's an idea! ;)

Olaf the Stout

gribble

Explorer
Olaf the Stout said:
As per usual, I won't be there. Damn Australia being so far away from the US!

As a native of New Zealand, I feel your pain. Fortunately for me I was living in the UK last year, so it wasn't nearly as far. It was definitely worth it - I had high expectations and it lived up to (even exceeded) them all!

In fact I enjoyed it so much I decided to go back again this year, and I'm bring a friend with me. Both of us will be coming all the way from NZ!
:D

gribble said:
As a native of New Zealand, I feel your pain. Fortunately for me I was living in the UK last year, so it wasn't nearly as far. It was definitely worth it - I had high expectations and it lived up to (even exceeded) them all!

In fact I enjoyed it so much I decided to go back again this year, and I'm bring a friend with me. Both of us will be coming all the way from NZ!
:D

Rub it in why don't you! :p

Olaf the Stout

theredrobedwizard said:
GenCon LLC loves you Aussies so much, they're giving you your own Con starting next summer. Quitcher whinin'.

I kid. I kid because I care.

-TRRW

Bah! Just a poor imitation of the real thing.

It will be interesting to see how successful it is though.

Olaf the Stout

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Olaf the Stout said:
Bah! Just a poor imitation of the real thing.

It will be interesting to see how successful it is though.

Olaf the Stout

It'll never be successful with that kinda pessimism! ;)

I would like to go to the original GenCon one day though, if I ever holiday in the USA again. My money would go a lot further these days, thankfully. :)

Friadoc

Explorer
Now I know I want to go to Gencon this year, in fact I'm still trying to figure out a way to pull it off, since it'd be my first Gencon ever, but it's not looking good for this year.

A friend and I talked about pullin' a road trip in his vette, but he's made some fun purchases and now he's out of the running. Although, honestly, I can't blame him, I'd almost trade Gencon this year for a brand new 17" Mac Book Pro - the bastich! :D

Anyhow, unless I can pull a road trip off from Boise, I'm probably out this year.

Too bad I wasn't still doing demo's like crazy. :cool: I could try and beg my way to Indy. :lol:

Remove ads