Who was the best Batman?

Which acter best represents your ideal of Batman?

• Adam West - Batman Tv Series / Legends of the Super Heroes

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Bruce Tomas - Onstar telivision spots / Birds of Prey Tv series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dick Gautier - 1970s PSA

• Micheal Keaton - Batman / Batman Returns

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Val Kilmer - Batman: Forever

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • George Clooney - Batman and Robin

• Christian Bale - Batman Begins / Dark Knight

Votes: 50 62.5%

Same here but I also hate the "Bat" voice he uses. So painfully fake and forced.

I kinda like Keaton over Bates however. It may be because I expected crap and got gold with Keaton.

I agree 100% Bale's "bat" voice drives me up the wall. I'm not really too keen on his performance as Bruce Wayne either, for some reason it's just not quite right. IMO it's the supporting cast and the villians that have made the new batmna movies.

Keaton was way better, although Heath Ledger blew Jack out of the water as the joker.

SKyOdin

First Post
You are missing Kevin Conroy. While there have been various people who have portrayed Batman in movies and television, Kevin Conroy is the one true voice of Batman.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
You are missing Kevin Conroy. While there have been various people who have portrayed Batman in movies and television, Kevin Conroy is the one true voice of Batman.

The poll only represents the live action versions of Batman. But I do agree that Kevin Conroy does the best Voice for batman (far better then who ever they got for The Batman).

delericho

Legend
Bale.

I felt Keaton did a fairly solid job with the role. Kilmer could have been good, I think, but the film wasn't great. As for Clooney... he's a good actor, but he's wrong for the part. But the failure of "Batman & Robin" really wasn't anything to do with him; everything else was so monumentally screwed up about that film that no-one could have saved it.

Adam West's portrayal was about right for the show that they were making.

I'm not familiar with the others.

Klaus

First Post
Bale. He looks the part (although I wish they dyed his hair black) and is a great actor.

Of the others, I'd take Kilmer over Keaton any day of the week. Keaton kept puckering up his lips when in costume, and didn't look the part at all. He'd make a better Creeper than Batman (see: Beetlejuice).

Clooney could've been a contender, if he channeled more of his dangerous/serious vibe from The Peacemaker.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
...Keaton kept puckering up his lips when in costume...

Dude, that's his natural face.;) Seriously!:lol: Check out some pictures of him. He always has his lips puckered up. Nothing against him, and I think he's a very good actor, but it is hilarious when you look at his pictures. I think it's one of the reasons he can do comedy well. He's got one of those faces that can be serious or goofy at the flip of a switch. Although, I think he made a good Batman also. If it wasn't for the campiness in the movie, I'd be hard pressed to pick between him and Bale. But as it is I picked Bale also, with Keaton a close second.

Ranger REG

Explorer
This is where I am in the minority. I liked Val Kilmer. I thought he captured the playboy bruce and the brutal batman well. The rest of the movie sucked but I thought he tried.
At the time he was cast as Batman, Val looks too young to be taken a court-ordered ward like Chris O'Donnell as Grayson.

But having seen Val now, he can portray as Bruce/Batman (albeit not enough to wrap his utility belt around his donut).

BTW, I prefer Keaton.

Remove ads