D&D General Who would you cast as Drizz't? (Tiger Shroff Bollywood martial artist)

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Drizzt had quite a few run ins with Alustriel if I recall correctly.
An excellent example, yes!

Also, if they chose to tell a new story instead of an existing one, there is Laeral in Waterdeep now, as well as the Hathran of Rashemen.

What I'd actually rather see, though, first, is a story about Liriel Baenre, because I think it does a better job of showing a nuanced take on the Drow, shows a character leaving their society in a way that doesn't present them as a sort of genetic anomaly born with the "not evil" gene, and delves into other drow gods in a way that wouldn't feel like exposition to explain what the hell is up with drow, but would set the scene for a Drizzt story that isn't about the drow without any confusion or need to exposition in order to get to the story there.

Also, I just think she's a better character.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
An excellent example, yes!

Also, if they chose to tell a new story instead of an existing one, there is Laeral in Waterdeep now, as well as the Hathran of Rashemen.

What I'd actually rather see, though, first, is a story about Liriel Baenre, because I think it does a better job of showing a nuanced take on the Drow, shows a character leaving their society in a way that doesn't present them as a sort of genetic anomaly born with the "not evil" gene, and delves into other drow gods in a way that wouldn't feel like exposition to explain what the hell is up with drow, but would set the scene for a Drizzt story that isn't about the drow without any confusion or need to exposition in order to get to the story there.

It would be interesting o see their two stories woven together and contrasted. I could see it being a single movie.

Also, I just think she's a better character.

Finding a better character than Drizzt is like shooting a fish in a barrel.

Even in his own books I find Wulfgar's journey from young barbarian hero to abyssal prisoner, returning and dealing with the fallout of his PTSD such as becoming a drunken brawler and losing his weapon of legend, to husband, adoptive father, and widower to be far more interesting. He makes far more mistakes, and has to deal with the consequences of them to become a better person.

Drizzt seemingly was born such a good person that the majority of the conflict of his character is "I look evil, but I'm really good."

Vael

Legend
Emma Stone, to continue the joke.

IIRC, someone who's actually expressed an interest in playing Drizzt, is Rob Kazinsky. I'm not opposed to the notion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases