Why all the hate for Turn Undead?

Monachus350

Villager
Just to be clear, you are responding to a thread that is 11 years old (2012). So back in the 4e days, before Channel Divinity was a mechanic IIRC.
D'oh. I didn't even see the date on it. Oh boy oh boy. I still hope that it gets fixed somehow. I was going to ask my DM if he can house rule it. Also going to ask him if he can house rule the Channel Divinity heal surge to cap at 1/2 the maximum hp for someone, which seems safe and more fair. (If I had a party member at 13/30, so down 17 hp then the CD heal surge as RAW would only heal them 2 hp. This is absurd.)

dave2008

Legend
D'oh. I didn't even see the date on it. Oh boy oh boy. I still hope that it gets fixed somehow. I was going to ask my DM if he can house rule it. Also going to ask him if he can house rule the Channel Divinity heal surge to cap at 1/2 the maximum hp for someone, which seems safe and more fair. (If I had a party member at 13/30, so down 17 hp then the CD heal surge as RAW would only heal them 2 hp. This is absurd.)
Personally I go the other way: I wish all cleric abilities where based on channel divinity. I wish they didn't cast spells, but instead had more and more interesting ways to use channel divinity. Of course you would need more uses of channel divinity, but that is easy to do.

GreyLord

Legend
Personally I go the other way: I wish all cleric abilities where based on channel divinity. I wish they didn't cast spells, but instead had more and more interesting ways to use channel divinity. Of course you would need more uses of channel divinity, but that is easy to do.

That's a fascinating thought. Probably too late to bring it up to the playtest guys, but it's an interesting idea.

nevin

Hero
No argument here. Though in fairness to them, they thought the sun literally wouldn't rise if they didn't sacrifice. (If some of them didn't really believe that, yet sacrificed anyway - well, that's just plain evil by any moral compass I have any respect for.)

It's still evil if you think the sun won't come up. Saving the world by murder is still murder.

Remove ads