Why am I not seeing the new level up threads in the level up forum?

Stalker0

Legend
So something I've noticed the last few weeks. All of the new level up articles that appear in the newsfeed...I can click on them just fine from the newsfeed and read them there. But not one of them is showing up for me in the level up forum itself.

Talking to some others, it seems some people can see them....so I'm out a loss. I've never really changed my viewing preferences, but I bring it up because if there are people that are not seeing the threads you may be missing out on exposure to those community members.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Have you been put on ignore by the threads' starter(s), or yourself ignored them? If yes, that'd explain some of this.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Have you been put on ignore by the threads' starter(s), or yourself ignored them? If yes, that'd explain some of this.

Someone else ignoring you would not prevent you from seeing the starting post in the thread. Just further posts from that person within the thread.

However, if you have the person who started the thread on ignore, then you won't see the thread.

CapnZapp

Legend
This might just be a misconception from me, but this suggestion is based on how to the ol d forums used to work - I don't believe Xenforo suffers from this bug.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah I saw you mention that before and had a quick poke around and can’t figure out why that would be. Definitely nothing from my end.

CapnZapp

Legend
You could also try viewing the thread using the EN World app (on Android) - it is a reskinned Tapatalk client that might bypass some forum functionality.

Stalker0

Legend
To answer some questions:

1) I have not activated any ignore functions, In fact I've never ignored anyone in my entire forum posting career.

2) This is only taking place in the level up forum. All other forums seem to be working for me as far as I can tell.

3) I have access to the threads if I bookmark them or I can see them in the "most recent thread" below the forum name (aka the single thread that appears in that list). So its not a permission thing where the entire thread is denied me, just for whatever reason I can't see the thread on the main list.

4) I have confirmed I can see one of the threads in the "latest threads" view, so the issue seems to be on the main Levelup Thread list, but I have double checked all my filters and have nothing removed.

Remove ads