• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why doesn't Fantasy Flight Games get more Love

francisca

I got dice older than you.
I like 'em. Like their products: Midnight (though I don't evangelize about it), Traps and Treachery, Monster's Handbook, and wish I would have gotten CityCraft at Gencon.

And they were very friendly when I stopped by their booth at GenCon.

This axeman has lotsa love for FFG.

Ashrem Bayle said:
I'll be honest, I didn't know jack about FFG until Midnight came out.

A few people started mentioning it on the boards and it got my attention. Turns out, it was the best campaign setting I've ever bought and I've been in love ever since. :D
Dragonstar made quite a bit of ripples when it was new (nothing new's been released for it for some time, now, though.) I heard lots of luv for the Path books as well. I only have Path of the Sword so far, but I think it's an excellent book. Midnight roxxors my boxxors and knocks off my soxxors. And I'm expecting Sorcery & Steam to do the same.

They get lots of my love. And my money too.

Do you know that their "Dungeoncraft" book has brought rules for morale back to the D&D game?

Do you know that Mike Mearls is awesome?!!!!

Do you know when I'll be able to buy "Sorcery & Steam" ?

Drawmack

First Post
I own the Traps & Trechery books. I have a personal thing about judging books based on who produces them. Granted I play in Gothos so I buy a lot of MEG stuff, but that's just because they are the only one supporting their own setting.

I like to take a book on a books merit. I was extremely let down with Freeport but I'm glad I didn't take that out on GR as a whole cause some of their other stuff is really top notch.

Utrecht

First Post
Re: Re: Why doesn't Fantasy Flight Games get more Love

ColonelHardisson said:

As one of the ENnies judges, but speaking just for myself as a judge, I want to clearly state that not getting nominated in any given category absolutely does not mean something is of "second tier" status.

This is one of the things that makes judging everyone and everything that enters the ENnies tough. Most categories had a lot of entries that had to be gone through. In many cases, there were potential nominees who almost made the cut as an actual nominee, but were edged out."

Col -
I understand and was by no means questioning the judging - especially since I do not know the rules :)

However, as I said, they as a company always seem to get overshadowed by others such as Green Ronin or Malhavoc (which I think has a bit of a cult of personality from this board) - and I always a bit surprised.

Last edited:

Wombat

First Post
I know a lot of people who love FFG material.

Personally I haven't picked up any of it -- none of it interested me, but that is a personal taste.

Green Ronin, conversely, is very close to my heart nowadays -- fantastic material!

Harlock

First Post
I love FFG bunches. I don't even have Midnight, and have no desire to have it since I campaign in Scarred Lands. I base this strictly on the Legend and Lairs series and in particular, the wonderful Monster's Handbook. Some of the soft covers have been a little pricey for the page count, so I've passed on many of them. So far I have T&T1 and 2, Monster's handbook, Path of Magic, Dungeoncraft and I reaaalllyy wan Citycraft, Sorcery and Steam or whatever it is called and Planes and Portals.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads