• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why doesn't Fantasy Flight Games get more Love

I'm a fan of Fantasy Flight's books as well. Good, solid stuff.

I'm also a Mike Mearls fan, so get these two together and you're really got something good.

FFG Greg

First Post
Dimenhydrinate said:
Because, if I have the right company, they are sitting on a friend of mine's game and have been doing so for over a year.

Eh, we're not sitting on any games, as far as I know. If FFG is indeed the company your friend sent a game submission to, please ask him to contact me as there must have been a snafu somewhere. My email address is greg@fantasyflightgames.com.

Greg
FFG

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I think FFG is a good company with solid releases. I value the Traps & Treachery books, and I also like the fact that they were one of the first companies to jump in with naval rules. Their naval rulebook is excellent, as is the Dungeoncraft book. The only reason I can't personally recommend the Monster's Handbook is because I don't yet own a copy, but from the sounds of it, its full of good stuff. Then there's Midnight. I really dig this setting, as do a number of other people apparently. So do they get my love? Absolutely. I regularly check to see what's new from them.

Dimenhydrinate

First Post
FFG Greg said:

Eh, we're not sitting on any games, as far as I know. If FFG is indeed the company your friend sent a game submission to, please ask him to contact me as there must have been a snafu somewhere. My email address is greg@fantasyflightgames.com.

Greg
FFG

I know it isn't a D20 game and I have never played it with him. Heck it isn't even an RPG. I will have to ask him who has it then.

blackshirt5

First Post
I love FFG's products; I own the entire Path series, T&T 1 and 2, Dungeoncraft, Monster's Handbook, and I'm not sure what else right now. I can't wait for Sorcery and Steam either.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I put FFG in the same class as Mongoose and AEG...slightly above middle tier.

They put out some gems, but a lot of average stuff, and some disappointments (recent Dragonstar books most notably).

They also seem to pad a lot of their books with lots of white space and big typeface (the Path of _______ series, anyway).

Last edited:

thundershot

Adventurer
*looks at his bookshelf*

I've got...

Traps & Treachery
Mythic Races
Seafarer's Handbook
Spells & Spellcraft
Traps & Treachery 2
Monster's Handbook
Path of the Sword
Path of Faith
Path of Magic
Path of Shadow
School of Illusion
School of Evocation
Necromantic Lore
Draconic Lore
Dragonstar: Starfarer's Handbook
Dragonstar: Guide to the Galaxy
Dragonstar: Imperial Supply

Plan on getting...

Dungeoncraft
Citycraft
Portals & Planes
Sorcery & Stream
Dragonstar: Galactic Races
Dragonstar: Player's Companion
Twisted Lore
Giant Lore
Elemental Lore
Midnight
Midnight: Against the Shadow (if I like Midnight)
Redline
Grimm
Spellslinger

Geez... is there anything LEFT?! This is just stuff from FFG. I have the Dragonstar adventures from MEG (MEG, along with Kenzer, have EXCELLENT adventure modules!)

*whew*

Chris

shady

Explorer
Personally I've got and like Dungeoncraft and Monster Handbook, and will probably get CityCraft and possibly Portals.

But I do look twice at FFG stuff - the books are slightly more expensive than average, and have somewhat fewer pages (take for example - Dungeoncraft $24.95 around 170pp, Scarred Lands Ghelspad $24.95 and 250pp, spine is about the same width, and in fact at our local store - this is in the UK - the Scarred Lands book was somewhat cheaper).

The reason for this would seem to be the FFG paper stock, which additionally causes the books to be lighter and not to automatically stay open at the page you want (try it). So given this slight annoyance factor and the price/page factor they're not books I automatically buy.

PS: this may change though - I notice Creature Collection Revised is $29.95 and 250pp so other publishers may start to outstrip them.

Remove ads