Why I love D&D this week

From what I have read of yours PC, the players should have known better than to think that was a "normal" dog.

As for the game- its the interaction that makes it.

Nyaricus

First Post
Cedric said:
I swear, I can't get across how funny it was when Phillip gets dominated and 0.5 seconds later says, "Called Shot on the Staff of Power!!"
:D That is awesomeness beyond words :D

cheers,
--N

Fat Daddy

First Post
You are all going to get me fired!

Darn it all!!! First I laugh out loud at the new OotS and now PKitty makes me blow soda out of my nose and nearly die while laughing/choking. I swear, everyone in these online forums is out to get me!!!
If I get fired, it's all your fault...it's got nothing to do with me visiting the boards at work, it's your fault I say, your fault!!!!

Maester Luwin

First Post
Hey everyone! Great story Pirate Cat! Thanks for sharing. I ran a game once when a group of low level adventurers were battling an ogre & the mage was out of spells then was ordered to get behind everybody.
The player said "Screw that! I want to stay in the fight!"
In which I respond "You have already thrown your dagger... would you like to go hand to hand? Grapple?"
He said "Oh no! I throw my familiar (which was a toad!)!"
He rolled a natural 20! Then turned to me & said "How much damage do I do if I crit using a Toad?" Thanks Maester Luwin

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Yeah, I've had a few good, funny things happen as well.

A bard in an early 3.0 game cast Tashas Hideous Laughter on an elder water elemental, which gave the party time to run like heck. I was quite surprised when I found out it would work.

In the same campaign (but a much earlier game) an orc was hiding behind a door and the fighter made a very good Listen check, enough to hear the orc. He kicked the door open as an attack and managed to crit. Yes. He killed an orc with a door.

There's tons more, but those are the two that stick out in my brain the most.

smerwin29

Reluctant Time Traveler
buzz said:
This whole post is awesome, but THIS:

...is the awesomest.

It is fun to do that. If your group members have gamed together forever and are comfortable with each other, also have them play the character in the persona/style of the person who handed them the character. :-D

brehobit

Explorer
Schmoe said:
Wow, that's eerie. When I was DMing The Burning Plague, the party had taken cover behind a table from crossbow-wielding kobolds behind another table. The PCs were outgunned and relatively fragile, so two of them picked up their table and bullrushed through the other table, crushing both kobolds beneath.

It happened in Virginia, in May.

My group pushed a mine-cart into the room and pinned a bunch of kobolds behind their own table.... Same module.

Mark

Remove ads