• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why Is This On the WotC Site?

WD40

First Post
I fancy picking that movie up just because one of the actors is called "Patrick Fugit"

Imagine him getting through an airport:

"Whats your name?"

"Mr. P. Fugit"

"You tryin' to be funny, boy?"

Seriously, thats one of the funniest names since Tuesday Knight

possum

First Post
WD40 said:
I fancy picking that movie up just because one of the actors is called "Patrick Fugit"

Imagine him getting through an airport:

"Whats your name?"

"Mr. P. Fugit"

"You tryin' to be funny, boy?"

Seriously, thats one of the funniest names since Tuesday Knight

Show some respect, he was in Almost Famous.

Festivus

First Post
It is as if "Dude, Where's My Car" made it with "Garden State", only this time with Shaggy. I can see the geeky D&D references in the movie, perhaps WoTC is just going out of the way to help this indy film out a bit because they know D&D players would want to see it.

I know I never heard of it before seeing that, and now want to watch it.

Edit: Oh, and this, which just reenforces my opinion that it's a charity bit...

The DVD also includes the special bonus feature, Living With Lew—a featurette about writer/director Scott Lew fighting ALS while using humor and unfailing optimism to make his first film, Bickford Shmeckler’s Cool Ideas.

A share of the DVD’s revenues will go directly to Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS) charities. The Producers’ entire revenues are being donated to ALS charities with the production company matching that amount.

Last edited:

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
jeff37923 said:

This is an indie film that we are cross promoting.

A comic book store and a D&D group play into the plot line.

I've seen the movie and IMO it's funny in a animal house over-the-top kind of humor. The movie features a few well known actors including:

Patrick Fugit (Almost Famous)
John Cho (Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle)
Matt Lillard (SLC Punk, Scream, Scooby Doo)
Greg Pitts (Office Space)
among others.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Deuce Traveler said:
Since you are promoting it, I suppose they put us gamers in a more or less positive light. Or at least I am hoping.

No worse treatment than we get from Stephen Colbert or Conan O'Brien. The humor and characters are generally over the top and specifically with the D&D group it is more like Gamers.

The D&D group is 4 people (3 guys and a girl) and about as dorky as it gets is the DM has a goofy viking hat on in one scene.

jeff37923

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
No worse treatment than we get from Stephen Colbert or Conan O'Brien. The humor and characters are generally over the top and specifically with the D&D group it is more like Gamers.

The D&D group is 4 people (3 guys and a girl) and about as dorky as it gets is the DM has a goofy viking hat on in one scene.

That's a relief.
I still have to deal with people in Tennessee who believe that D&D leads to Tom Hanks Mazes & Monsters like behavior.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads