• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why Is This On the WotC Site?

Wilphe

Adventurer
It doesn't?

But when I bought my CS account I was told I'd be taught how to cast real magic when I got to 2000 posts.

Was that a lie?

IanB

First Post
jeff37923 said:
That's a relief.
I still have to deal with people in Tennessee who believe that D&D leads to Tom Hanks Mazes & Monsters like behavior.

No, that's D&D Minis. Haven't you seen the Night Below ad campaign?

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Scott_Rouse said:
This is an indie film that we are cross promoting.

A comic book store and a D&D group play into the plot line.

I've seen the movie and IMO it's funny in a animal house over-the-top kind of humor. The movie features a few well known actors including:

Patrick Fugit (Almost Famous)
John Cho (Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle)
Matt Lillard (SLC Punk, Scream, Scooby Doo)
Greg Pitts (Office Space)
among others.
I don't think I would pay good money for this in a theater, but I did add it to netflix, that really doesn't cost me anything. Looks really stupid and I would never even think of seeing it if it wasn't for this thread. So, if I even get a minor laugh out of this, thanks for the heads up.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
bento said:
I thought it was the DVD's promise of "80 minutes of relentless laughter."

Lord knows RPG players need more relentless laughter. :p

"80 minutes of relentless laughter"? That sounds like our games. Except it's not 80 minutes, but 300-400 minutes. Not relentless, maybe, But on good days we beat those 80 minutes with ease. I think that before I turn 30, my lower jaw will have dropped off from all the pain.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Mageina Tovah (Spider-Man 2 & 3 and Joan of Arcadia) plays the girl in the D&D group and she doesn't even make the cast list.

Of course Olivia Wilde isn't the gamer. Nobody would even believe a gorgeous woman plays D&D. I'll hold out hope that by the end of the movie she has tried the game.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Thornir Alekeg said:
Mageina Tovah (Spider-Man 2 & 3 and Joan of Arcadia) plays the girl in the D&D group and she doesn't even make the cast list.

Of course Olivia Wilde isn't the gamer. Nobody would even believe a gorgeous woman plays D&D. I'll hold out hope that by the end of the movie she has tried the game.

Yeah, I failed to list the prettiest of the cast members, my bad.

Just to be clear this movie is not about D&D or gaming. It is about a guy named Bickford who writes a manifesto of "cool ideas" that gets stolen and widely distributed on campus by some comic book guys (the D&D group) and hilarity ensues.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Now I wonder whether a movie about D&D/RPG and gaming would work. Might try that out. Is Tarantino busy at the moment? Consider a movie where his brand of (movie) characters gathers to play D&D - between their different crimes they commit together.

Think about it: They guys rob a bank, go back, lay low for a while, play through a dungon. Then, they hijack an armoured car, lay low again, have a nice run through some Green Hell. And so on.

I can totally see Tarantino himself in his usual guest appearance as the guy who always gives them their "assignments" - he sits on the phone, listens to the DM (and leader of the gang) telling him what happened in their D&D session, and then tells them what to do next (and the stuff always seems related). Before their big coup, he'll meet them in person - and take the role of an NPC - the BBEG.

And then in the last coup, they'll meet their end exactly how their characters met their end, until the survivors take him out.

This either is an awesome idea, or those homoeopathic pills do have side effects after all! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads