• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why Is This On the WotC Site?

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Scott_Rouse said:
Yeah, I failed to list the prettiest of the cast members, my bad.
She tends to play nerdy types. I've always wondered if the actress is a gaming, comic book reading geek who acts.

Just to be clear this movie is not about D&D or gaming. It is about a guy named Bickford who writes a manifesto of "cool ideas" that gets stolen and widely distributed on campus by some comic book guys (the D&D group) and hilarity ensues.
I never assumed it was a movie about gaming, but when I first read what you wrote above, I hoped that Olivia Wilde would be the one girl in the group, just to knock some of the stereotypes about gamers a little.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I thought it was the DVD's promise of "80 minutes of relentless laughter."

Eh...you can get the same amount of laughter watching the first D&D movie...
They guys rob a bank, go back, lay low for a while, play through a dungon. Then, they hijack an armoured car, lay low again, have a nice run through some Green Hell. And so on.
<snip>
And then in the last coup, they'll meet their end exactly how their characters met their end, until the survivors take him out.

Someone already sorta beat you to it...

Check out Stay Alive (with Frankie Munoz)...

BTW, you know its a bad movie when they inexplicably feel the need to move Elisabeth Bathory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countess_Bathory) from Hungary to New Orleans... :(

Still...I'd like to see that script!

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I guess this movie really needs the publicity boost: I tried to find a German title so I could get it, but I didn't find anything. Neither Amazon nor eBay list anything.

So, anyone from German here got a lead on the movie?

Jhaelen

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
I guess this movie really needs the publicity boost: I tried to find a German title so I could get it, but I didn't find anything. Neither Amazon nor eBay list anything.

So, anyone from German here got a lead on the movie?
It is strangely absent. It's supposed to have been released on February 8th this year, but there's no sign of it. Maybe it didn't get a german distributor (yet) or something?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Jhaelen said:
It is strangely absent. It's supposed to have been released on February 8th this year, but there's no sign of it. Maybe it didn't get a german distributor (yet) or something?

Wait, I just saw that amazon.com says that the DVD will be released Aug 21 this year. I guess the German DVD will take a couple of months longer, and amazon.de hasn't anything listed yet.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Wilphe said:
It doesn't?

But when I bought my CS account I was told I'd be taught how to cast real magic when I got to 2000 posts.

Was that a lie?
*Waves hands and mumbles, sparkling lights dance*
Yes that is a lie. There is no magic. There are no magics to be learned after 2000 posts.
(Make a Will save DC (14).)

The Auld Grump

Agamon

Adventurer
Nice. Between Jeff's noteworthy title, Felix's post, which removed all doubt that the link must be clicked, and the rest of the conversation here, I found a new DVD that I must buy next month.

Nyaricus

First Post
Felix said:
Is that a D&D sourcebook she has between her legs?
[sblock]
news_20070710_full.jpg
[/sblock]
I have no idea. You be the judge :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads