Why there won't be a "Player's Handbook II"

Players Handbook: The Grouptesting Strikes Back!

Players Handbook: The Grouptesting Strikes Back!

D

dco

He could have said that he doesn't like the name instead of that absurd thing about the public being ignorant and videogames.

D

dco

What's absurd about it? That's how people think these days, the higher number is better.
All of it.
Then I must be surrounded by very intelligent people who do a little research instead of buying things without knowing what they are buying. For the people who don't know about RPGs, didn't play the previous editions, don't ask to friends or sellers, don't research what to buy and end buying the players hand book 2 instead of 1 they should change the name of the player's handbook to something more descriptive, like rulesbook for players or something like that, because the idiots could think it doesn't contain the rules of the game if we follow that road.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
All of it.
Then I must be surrounded by very intelligent people who do a little research instead of buying things without knowing what they are buying. For the people who don't know about RPGs, didn't play the previous editions, don't ask to friends or sellers, don't research what to buy and end buying the players hand book 2 instead of 1 they should change the name of the player's handbook to something more descriptive, like rulesbook for players or something like that, because the idiots could think it doesn't contain the rules of the game if we follow that road.

You are surrounded by people who do any research? Sounds exceptional, frankly; your group ≠ the buying public.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
All of it.
He wasn't talking about RPG veterans, he was talking about potential new customers to RPGs. He was talking about Mom or Dad or Gramma who is picking up something off a Christmas list. Those people familiar with getting the newest, most advanced system or game. Johnny wants a Players Handbook, here is the latest. These gift buyers will often just grab a 4E PHB 3, not realizing it is for a different game. It has happened in my store. (We catch that mistake when they are at the register, I don't want to have a dissatisfied customer.) (Remember the edition number has not been part of the title since AD&D 2nd Edition.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads