Why Wizards are better than Sorcerers, and other stories

Goblyn

Explorer
Quicken Spell?..no.

Thanee said:
Feat, Rod doesn't work.

Sorcerers cannot cast quickened spells(Unless you're a 3.0 Hasted sorc). Any application of a metamagic feat lengthens the casting time of a spontaneously cast spell to a full round action.

Thanee

First Post
Goblyn said:
Sorcerers cannot cast quickened spells(Unless you're a 3.0 Hasted sorc). Any application of a metamagic feat lengthens the casting time of a spontaneously cast spell to a full round action.

Wrong. :)

Bye
Thanee

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Pirates are the best:

They can pour syrup over their heads. Balance on the peg leg using 'crane stance' and pretend to be a toffee apple.

No way to top that sort of versatility!

Well, there's always the silly Arcane Preparation feat, which is basically only there to taunt sorcerers.

If there was a Spontaneous Metamagic feat, that let sorcerers use metamagic feats without taking extra time, I'd be happy. But sadly there's not.

Mystic_23

First Post
Well, clerics are cool because when all you other guys get a scratched finger you shout "AHHH!!! Where's the Cleric!!! Where's the Cleric!!!" and come a-running. I mean, who even remembers that the bard can heal when they have a gaping hole in them. It's all about the cleric.

Note: No one has mentioned the cleric, so I thought I'd bring him up. Big UP to the Cleric!

Peace.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
apsuman said:
Nononononono you are all wrong.

Druids are not cool because they just seem *too* friendly with thier favorite tree if you know what I mean.

The Druid IS cool because he's got some serious wood going on ALL THE TIME and doesn't even think twice about it.

Also, 3 words for you

NYMPH LOVE SLAVES

RangerWickett said:
If there was a Spontaneous Metamagic feat, that let sorcerers use metamagic feats without taking extra time, I'd be happy. But sadly there's not.

Unless you count the Sudden Metamagic Feats from the MiniHB.

As for the problem at hand, sorcerers are better then wizards because at the end of a hard day, the wizard only has his pointy hat to throw at people, while the sorcerer still can shoot magic missiles.

AR

Goblyn

Explorer
on the contrary ...

Thanee said:
Wrong. :)

Bye
Thanee

From the SRD:
QUICKEN SPELL [METAMAGIC]
Benefit: Casting a quickened spell is a free action. You can perform another action, even casting another spell, in the same round as you cast a quickened spell. You may cast only one quickened spell per round. A spell whose casting time is more than 1 full round action cannot be quickened. A quickened spell uses up a spell slot four levels higher than the spell’s actual level. Casting a quickened spell doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity.
Special: This feat can’t be applied to any spell cast spontaneously (including sorcerer spells, bard spells, and cleric or druid spells cast spontaneously), since applying a metamagic feat to a spontaneously cast spell automatically increases the casting time to a full-round action.

If there is a way, it is not via the quicken spell feat.

Remove ads