D&D 5E Will you enter the Dungeon Master Challenge?

Will you enter the Dungeon Master Challenge?

• Yes

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 55 76.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 7 9.7%

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
No, I am barred from this event as I live in Québec in Canada. Tough luck...
It's only open to Americans?

That's a change: the setting-design contest was, if memory serves, at the very least open to Canadians (or else I wouldn't have bothered sending my entry in) as well and might have been worldwide.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Dunno if I will or won't. I have no illusions that any of my stuff is meant to make money, so the fact that I'm "giving away my time and energy" doesn't bother me. Doing D&D stuff is fun, regardless of the venue or the audience that is receiving it. But I'm also mainly an improv DM who takes established product and then improvises around it, so actually making my own stuff is not something I necessarily enjoy doing. The fact that it is only 1,000 words makes it easier... but the fact I only have 3 days makes the decision tougher.

It's really going to come down to what the first project it and how much fun I think I'd have doing it, and if I can find the time to make something I'm happy with. So we'll see.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
It is opened for almost everyone save Quebequers. The reasons is the contests must follow Quebec's laws on contests and gambling and it is quite an hassle for a company to open such... any contests for Quebequers because of those laws. If I lived in Ontario, or any other provinces of Canada, I could participate without any trouble.

Well, at least you get free healthcare and drug prescriptions!

p_johnston

Adventurer
I might but honestly my big hang up is I don't know if I'll have time. The three days given to submit the write up happen to be three days where I will work (at least) 8 hours and have to run my own game. While it would be interesting to put my hat in and see what happens it takes a lower priority then running a game for my players that I already committed to.

Remove ads