D&D 3E/3.5 Will you still play 3.5?

Zelster

First Post
Hell no... if I ever want to play 3E again it will be by myself and an ancient computer running NWN 1. 3.5 was ok, but not my idea of a good time. Here's looking forward to 4E!

Imban

First Post
3e itself? Probably not, except as NWN and NWN2 which are awesome games. And I guess Icewind Dale 2, if I get around to playing that again, but that's not so awesome.

I am, however, considering either a severe modification of 4e to make it more like 3e, or a severe modification of 3e to make it more like 4e if 4e turns out to be tasty anti-fun.

Vayden

First Post
One of the groups I play in is planning to stick to 3.5, so I'll keep playing. The other 2 groups, including the one I GM, have dropped 3.5 and there's no going back. There's too many games out there to delve back into 3.5.

Knightlord

First Post
Not particularly sure yet, as I don't know if 4E will function as the designers have claimed, but if it does, then I will probably lay down my 3E PHB and retire it for good. Godspeed, 3E PHB...Godspeed. :(

:D

Khairn

First Post
Will I still play 3.5?

Sure. Why not? Its a great system (even with some warts), that has tons of great modules, settings and tremendous flexibility. I'm still far from sold on 4E and have significant concerns about the new edition being a fit for how I GM my D&D games. So I've signed up for a 4E playtest once the books comes out with a great GM who is stoked about the game. If I'm not sold after the playtest, I'll leave the books on the shelf and stick with 3E for when I play D&D.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do. E-Tools is gradually falling apart without CMP to keep it chugging, and however I may feel about 4E I will freely admit that 3.x is clunky without computer assistance.

But unless something unforseen radically changes, I just can't imagine my group switching to 4E. I don't like what I see; our group's most rabid D&D fanboy of 30 years doesn't like what he sees.

I expect that I'll end up running my S&S SAGA homebrew for the forseeable future, once I finish Red Hand of Doom. It's not quite as quick-prep as being able to run an adventure straight out of Dungeon magazine, but Saga is a very quick, clean system that makes for easy conversions -- and Dungeon is dead anyway. So I've got nothing to lose on that score, I suppose.

-The Gneech :cool:

Remove ads