• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will you submit a Setting Proposal

Are you going to submit a setting proposal?

• No.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 34 18.7%
  • Yes, I plan to submit one.

Votes: 76 41.8%
  • Yes, I plan to submit two.

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Yes, I plan to submit three.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Yes, I plan to submit four or more.

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • I still don\'t think this is real.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Submit it to who?

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Poll closed .

Patrick-S&S

First Post
Uh... I voted no to tell you the truth. I am too busy with personal stuff such as my regular work, family and friends and such to be involved with another game. In the gaming world I am a writer, mapper, and sort of Line Editor for Columbia Games who publish Hârn so writing another setting will pound my already meagre spare time into a pulp. Not wanted. Besides I am to publish a FREE d20 Hârn Guide for those who are looking for a more detailed and gritty game and setting.

But onto what this is really about, the contest. I have been pondering why WotC are looking for a similar setting such as Forgotten Realms and Dragon Lance? Why publish a similar setting that seems to overcrowd the market as it is already? Why not something orginial such as a GnG or Mythical setting? People on these boards seems to scream for such stuff. Then why go back to "yet another generic fantasy fanfare setting"? Or am I reading it wrong? If not why compete with FR at all...?

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
ninthcouncil said:
I'd guess a lot of people will send in essentially the same submission in several different styles, just in case....

I agree. I think more people are going to treat this as a "win $120,000 contest" than as a "submit your proposal".

I think King Stannis said it best in another post: WotC would have been best off charging a $5 fee for each submission just to keep the number of entries down.

Remove ads