Willow - Official Teaser Trailer

I've always been a little bummed that not much ever came of Willow beyond the original movie, so this tickles my warmfuzzies. Nice to see it's a sequel. Not entirely sure what to expect, tbh, but I'm looking forward to it.
There was a novel in the 90s. I think it was by Chris Claremont (of X-Men fame) and Lucas (well, listed as coauthor). I didn't read it.

Yes, Claremont wrote a trilogy of fantasy novels that are a sequel to the film, Chronicles of the Shadow War. They were awful, and I really, really hope this series doesn't reference them.
I had a feeling that the one I saw would be awful, which is why I skipped. I enjoyed his work on X-Men, but read one of his novels and thought it was terrible. Guess I made the right call!

The 90s were a fairly barren time for fantasy films, for a variety of reasons. The 80s were a boom time for fantasy cinema, and in the more po-faced 90s lots of people were eager to turn their backs on the cultural trends of the prior decade.

Perhaps it's best that Willow didn't get a sequel until now. I can't help but imagine what could've been with the dodgy CGI that was everywhere back in the 90s.

I've always been a little bummed that not much ever came of Willow beyond the original movie, so this tickles my warmfuzzies.

The trailer looks pretty cool. I have vivid memories of seeing Willow in the theater, and will be glad to see the sequel finally.

Last edited:

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
Yes, Claremont wrote a trilogy of fantasy novels that are a sequel to the film, Chronicles of the Shadow War. They were awful, and I really, really hope this series doesn't reference them.
I was given the first novel as a gift when it first came out... and I was unable to finish it. I loved the original film, but was so disappointed by that book that I gave it away and never read the rest of the trilogy.

Remove ads