• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Willowhaunt's City of the Spider Queen

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Now, I rather recall hearing about a spell, yes indeed, when I was growing up. Yes, it could not only allow one person to see in darkness, but many to see in darkness, all at once, with a single spell, yes indeed. However, yes however, such magics were reserved for powerful wizards, dedicated rangers, and those who spent their lives underground," Wimzig points out.

OOC - He's speaking of the mass darkvision spell, which is a sor/wiz 6, ranger 4, Harper scout 4, prime Underdark guide 4.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Could this Wizard be found in an hour or less? Or should we delay our departure for this spell?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Wimzig coughs.*

"Well now, if no one here can cast it, then we shall just have to do without, yes indeed. A good solution now is better than a perfect solution later. Aegis Ward, my companion, can see in the dark, and amongst us we certainly must have enough torches and whatnot to illuminate the way, hmm?"

deadestdai

First Post
Thinking the gnome's suggestion over, Jenlan plays with his goatee absentmindedly. Haste is needed, yes - but if the tales are to be believed, the Drow ALL can see in the dark without effort. Our having torches along may only serve to offer the enemy our position all too easily. How about we see if that wizard can't be saught after first? If it takes too long, then we can leave and try our luck otherwise?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Such spells do not last forever. Unless such a wizard is willing to go with us, I rather think the question is moot, hmm? And yes, drow can see in the dark, and can produce a magical darkness that even with such a spell we would not be able to see through. They're going to know we're there regardless of what we do. It would be better to assume they know we're coming and plan for defense," Wimzig opins.

deadestdai

First Post
Jenlan shrugs and smiles. Well, seeing as we two are the only ones who seem to have an opinion on this and yours outweighs mine, I guess we should leave post-haste! Jenlan hopped off of the chair and walked over to Lord Morn with his hand held out to shake. Looks like it's time to send for your scouts, Sir. We'll be seeing you by Sunrise!

Willowhaunt

First Post
Morn nods. "I'll send for the scouts immediately. You can meet them back here in an hour. It will take the greater part of the day to make the journey over there, so I suggest you pack any food and camping equipment you might have..."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Thank you, Morn. I think I am ready, although I do not know much of nature. Tadius shifts to his other foot, smiles, and moves toward the door.

"I have little trouble seeing in the darkness, my friends. Though I do not know how well the Drow can see in the dark, my eyes are very well suited for such environments," with a somewhat proud smile, he then bows to Lord Morn and prepares to follow the others until the scouts arrive and they are taken to their destination.

Willowhaunt

First Post
(Unless anybody has anything specific to do in the nearby town of Dagger Falls, the scouts are waiting at Randal Morn's house within an hour, and proceed to lead you to the crypts where the Drow were spotted...)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads