log in or register to remove this ad

 

Will's AD&D 2nd Edition - Who knows where it will go!

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
”Does anyone know who ‘the warlock’ is? He lost his fourth dagger,” Aego remarks drily and obviously not expecting an answer.

The wizard tucks the glass weapon under his belt and starts towards the room with the kobold statues.

”Did you discover anything yet?” he asks Luis as he himself makes sure not to enter the room yet.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary O Connah strode over to the last door and kicked it with hairy foot.

He had the flute to his lips, wracking his little hobbit brain for any other combinations of notes that he could get out of the thing.

The results weren't that melodious and Jhary twitched slightly every time the combo was especially bad.

He half sung and mumbled: "If this one don't budge...Might try the other...I don't hold a grudge, but maybe won't bother..."

He looked back at Aego peering into the room with the kobolds statues, then at Luis.

The little white mouse nibbled on a tiny bit of bread, perched in the halfling's pocket.
 

William Smith1

Explorer
The Hobbit finally stumbles upon another combination that opens the last door - ACB. This one on the west wall opens to reveal another 20'x20' room with two doors on its far west wall. In the room are two Kobolds holding spears and looking very surprised.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aego is caught off guard for only a second.

"Friends!" he greets the kobolds warmly, and immediately starts casting the spell he is most fond of -- a charm that will turn potential enemies into friends. A few arcane words and some waving around with his arms, and one of the creatures should be his staunchest ally for at least today...

"Can you help us navigate this place, friends?" he adds, once in Common and once in Goblin. What language do these creatures speak, anyway? The elf is sure they'll understand either Common or Goblin.

OOC: Casting Charm Person on one of the Kobolds. A succesful saving throw versus spell negates, otherwise it views Aego as a trusted friend. Time between saving throws to end this status depends on its intelligence score. If Aego harms or attempt to harm it, the spell ends.
 

William Smith1

Explorer
At Aego's first utterance in Common the Kobolds move their spears into a more aggressive position. When he repeats it in Goblin, one Kobold relaxes and replies in Goblin, "Hey there friend, where do you want to go?" The other Kobold almost drops his spear and looks incredulously at the first one and yammers something in a language you do not understand - probably Kobold.
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
”Apparently they speak Goblin,” Aego whispers back to Dorana.

Switching back to the language the kobolds understand, the elf says, ”My name is Aego and these are my other friends. We are looking for a guy called Bobby; he should be around here somewhere but we don’t know the way. Can you two help us?”

On a whim, he adds, ”We suspect Bobby of murder.”
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aego grins.

”Making friends is a lot easier than you’d think,” he boasts, then adds, ”Although my great personality certainly helps.”
 

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary just quietly stepped out of view of the new doorway and attempts to hide on one side of the new opening.

The little white mouse scurried deeper into the hobbit's pocket.

Jhary drew his sword and got ready in hiding, waiting for something to go awry. If Aego's spell held, so be it.

He held a finger up to his lips and gestured at his compatriots, pointing at the other side of the door and making eye contact with Dorana with a wide gaze.
 



William Smith1

Explorer
The Kobold not charmed looks at the group and then grabs the arm of the charmed Kobold saying something in a language you do not understand (probably Kobold) and tries to pull him to one of the doors on the other side of the room. The charmed Kobold says something back to the other Kobold again probably in Kobold and he looks like he is resisting the pull of the other Kobold.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Where are you going?" Aego yells after the kobolds in the Goblin tongue.

"I understand it's hard to believe, but we've got the paperwork to prove it. Here, let me show you."

And the elf starts rummaging through his backpack, exchanging a glance with Jhary and Dorana that warns them to be cautious if the kobolds do come this way.
 

William Smith1

Explorer
As Aego rummages in his backpack the Kobold not charmed runs through the rightmost door on the back wall of this room. The other moves toward Aego apparently very interested in what he has in his backpack.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
”Wait, where are you going?” Aego exclaims, before turning to the charmed kobold.

”Do you think he lacks an alibi? He’s acting very suspicious.”

The elf rummages through his back some more for show, then sighs.

”I don’t have the paperwork. Please someone tell me they brought it,” he says in Common with apparent annoyance.
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Not sure if this game will continue, but FYI: I'll be on holiday for the next two weeks, with extremely limited internet access. Feel free to NPC my character.
 

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top