Will's AD&D 2nd Edition - Who knows where it will go!

"First, you accuse us of robbing you. Then, you say you were going to interfere with out mission. Now, we're supposed to smile and invite you onto our team?" Dorana says. "Too much elf blood in you, child."

She turns to the halfling, "And you? How do we know Weleand actually sent you?" Turning to the others, "Security at the Kirin was pretty lax if both of these two know what our mission is."

Greenmtn

Explorer
By the Gods this is as bad as that party I planed in the Wizards tower. Everyone has found out about this. Clalick thinks to himself.
"I don't trust this fellow." Clalick states, Possibly to Jhary's surprise he is not looking at him.
"And I like his attitude less. I don't even know if he can trust himself. Pigs out on Demon meat and doesn't know where he wakes up. I'm more inclined to say we tie him to a tree than let him tag along. What do you say about that Elf?"

Clalicks tone is serious. He seems to not like the idea of so many people showing up and trying to get involved in their affairs.

"Waybe we tie him to that tree, you know, for his own protection."

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Sensing the emotions along the road to Bobby Bard's, Jhary O Connah wheeled about, in both mind and body, turning to look quickly at the faces of his companions then back at the ragged half-elf.

He made eye contact that almost stated "I'm sorry, mate" but continued: "Apologies, Sir Luis... Your angle seems all wrong... I don't think any of US is fooled... Don't think you can pull the wool over OUR eyes...WE don't buy, sir..."

The little white mouse scurried out of the halfling's pocket and onto his head, into his curly mound of hair.

The hobbit paced about with his hands on his hips, stopping near the dwarf cleric.

He was intentionally ignoring Dorana's accusations, trying to play up his own rightfulness among the party. Jhary tried to do a scoffing, incredulous sort of laugh.

"Hahaha..."

His enthusiasm faded fast. He kept forcing a smile and stare. The little mouse on his head squeaked almost too loudly.

"Shall we tie him to the tree?" He didn't actually stop to listen to Dorana's reaction, instead grabbing at the carefully wound rope attached to the dwarf's belt.

He braced, waiting for everything to go to hell.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Do YOU think you should tie him to a tree?" Aego asks Jhary with raised eyebrows. He crosses his arms.

"Great way to start your initiation, little one."

The elven wizard winks at the halfling, before turning back to the others.

"Now, the way I see it we have two potential additions to our team, but if I'm not mistaken their skill set overlaps. One of them," and he gestures at Jhary, "comes recommended by our employer. The other," motioning to the half-elf, "we found in torn clothes by the side of the road. Now, which of those should we allow to tag along?"

Aego holds his chin melodramatically, then says with a big grin, "How about we let them compete for the spot?"

JustinCase

”Maybe,” says Aego with a mischievous smile. ”But why don’t we let them decide? They know their strengths, and if both win their own challenge, we can always add a final one ourselves.”

The elf pauses, and looks for his companions’ approval.

”Besides, I’d like to see how good they really are.”

William Smith1

Explorer
Luis replies, "Well I appear to be somewhat at a disadvantage as I have no weapon, but how about a contest of let's say, more useful skills? Now as there are no locks to pick, traps to find, or walls to climb here, perhaps we can compete with our hiding and sneaking skills which would be most useful evading and surprising those Kobolds. But as it is getting quite dark we should plan our defenses for the night and get some rest and do this contest in the morning's light. What say you hobbit?"

"This ain't between you and the halfling. This be about us choosing between you and he. I ain't bedding down in the woods not knowing if'n we can trust either of ye," Dorana says.

JustinCase

Aego nods, agreeing with Dorana. He waits for Jhary to respond to the challenge first, however, before saying more.

Remove ads