Will's AD&D 2nd Edition - Who knows where it will go!

William Smith1

Explorer
The elf moans, rolls over and looks at you all with unbelieving eyes. "Where am I and what happened to my clothes? Hey, you all highwaymen looking to rob me? I got nothing you want, all my stuff is in the village and it looks like we aren't there. How did I get here anyway?" He stops talking and looks at all of you waiting for answers.

JharyOConnah

Explorer
"It'aint like that at all, good sir! We're hardly bandits... Just travelers. We came upon ye here within moments, lad! Thought you might be in distress... "

Jhary kept waving his hanky and biscuit at the wide-eyed elf. The little white mouse ducked out of view, but if you looked closely one could see his itty bitty pink nose.

"You say you don't remember how you got here? That is worrisome, isn't it?"

The halfling turned to the rest of the party as if the question were meant to be real. The tiny mouse looked like he were shaking tiny head.

William Smith1

Explorer
Aego now notices that this is no Elf, he is a half-elf. In fact the same half-elf that was in the Prancing KiRin back in the City State and in line at Luby's the previous evening.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aego raises one eyebrow at the half-elf.

"Are you following us?" he asks suspiciously before shaking his head. No, that would make no sense.

"I believe I saw you at the Prancing KiRin, and yesterday in the line at Luby's. Did you have any of her steaks?" the elf says with a growing suspicion. To be certain, he sniffs to make sure the man isn't just hungover.

Then, as if half-remembering some tales from his childhood, "Did you have the urge to climb a really high tree despite feeling terrible? Were you following a charming nymph through the woods, or pass through a circle of mushrooms?"

Greenmtn

Explorer
"Rob YOU!? How insulting. Like you have anything we would actually want. We should just leave him here to piece together his drunken night by himself." Clalick says obviously irritated by the accusation.

When Aego suggests we are being followed Clalick becomes on edge. Again concerned that this is some kind of ambush.

William Smith1

Explorer
The half-elf replies, "I was not drunk! And no I was not following you, I was trying to get to Bobby's before you. You see I heard everything that doddering old fool fed you that night back at the KiRin. All that claptrap about you being good potential adventurers. You are also addled if you think that Raven is not the most valuable thing in Bobby's place. And just Kobolds? Why a Wizard of ol' Weleand's power would have no problem with a bunch of Kobolds, why send you greenhorns? Yes I did have one of the steaks at Luby's, it was the most delicious steak I have ever eaten. Why do you ask? You think that had something to do with me being out here with ripped clothes and not a clue as to how I got here? Enlighten me chaps."

Dorana steps forward. "Your problems do not interest me. And your attitude leads me to feel like leaving you here in the woods naked and alone. So I suggest you reconsider how you are speaking to us.

"No, I want to know how do you know Bobby? How did you expect to handle the kobolds by yourself? You have made yourself very suspicious. It might be good for us to remove you from the playing field."

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aego raises his eyebrows in response to Dorana's fierce words, but he does not interfere. The elf prefers to see how the half-elf responds. There's always time to play the role of good cop later...

William Smith1

Explorer
The half-elf says, "Ahh, look little lady, I don't want any trouble, I'm just trying to survive just like you are. I don't know Bobby any more than you do, just overheard what that wizard told you. Actually, I was not planning on taking on the Kobolds in a fight, figured I could put the sneak on them and avoid fighting them completely. Say, maybe you could use a little of my skills to get what you want out of that place. We could team up instead of opposing each other. Name's Luis Álvarez, at your service." With this the half-elf bows to Dorana with a flourish.

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary and tiny rodent stared with mouths agape as the conversation unfolded.

Was this raggedy half-elf sucker going to attach himself, leech-like, to the party in similar fashion as himself? There can only be one sucker and that sucker's me!

The hobbit continued his silence as countless emotions played across his features. The little white mouse seemed agitated as well.

But wait! Perhaps this is a blessing...a distraction from my own lies... Yes! Just keep playing it cool, Jhary, like a real gentleman. You're an actor! Keep it business-like.

"Uhh... Perhaps we could use the man's skillet...uh...skill... SET..."

The short, colorful guy couldn't stop sweating and smiling.

"I mean, kind fellow... What terms and what could you offer the band for inclusion? What do you do, sir? In terms of usefulness..."

Jhary cringed slightly, unable to glance left or right for fear of his new-found companions reactions.

Remove ads