Will's AD&D 2nd Edition - Who knows where it will go!

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary looked to ragged Luis then back to Aego and Dorana. He tilted his head in such a way, toward the little mouse on his shoulder, that he seemed to confer with the creature.

The hobbit's expression flitted from anxiety to curiosity to something more...devious. The tiny rodent squeaked with something akin to delight.

"A contest you say? Well, it does seem a trifle irregular... But I suppose if'n we must... Although, I'm inclined to side with sir Luis here. My particular skills are with my instrument..."

The colorful halfling absently plucked a few chords out on his halfling-sized zither.

"And, although you'll find I can hold my own in a pinch, I'm more inclined to use this silver-tongue O mine."

He stuck his tongue out with a wink and a few more perfect notes. It was pink, though, not metallic at all.

"Perhaps a contest of oration or precise rythems? Not to mention, it is getting awfully dark out here and we know there be monsters about. I second that we should begin again at the morning's first light. What say you all?"

The little white mouse scurried from shoulder to shoulder, sniffing and looking about.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Clalick looks up from the dead branches he has started collecting since the first time it was mentioned that night fall was coming. "Maybe I could work better with a good drinking song... That is if you think you are ready to deal with what ever nasties the noise draws near."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aego nods to both ideas.

"Contests in the morning, but a little music to welcome nightfall?" he offers as a compromise, looking forward to what Jhary has to offer in the way of entertainment.

William Smith1

Explorer
Luis says, "Say, do any of you have an extra blanket, I seem to be missing all of my gear. And maybe a dagger to defend us during my turn at watch."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Use my bedroll," says Aego with a warm smile. "I will sit in trance during the night, and do not need it. Get some sleep; you need not take watch."

OOC: Not sure if it's in the 2nd Ed rules, so am I correct in thinking that elves need only 4 hours of trance instead of 8 hours of sleep?

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary continued to play the zither, progressively softer and quieter as everyone bedded down in the make-shift campsite.

The little white mouse continued to nibble on a piece of cheese inside the hobbit's pocket.

The halfling musician glanced casually at ragged Luis, attempting to determine whether any real threat was present.

It's not like you've even anything to steal, Jhary, the treasure lies on the road ahead not in your trousers. And forget about all this contest business...this shabby elf...no competition at all...

He grinned to himself as the fire burned lower.

Remove ads