Will's AD&D 2nd Edition - Who knows where it will go!

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aego crouches near the halfling, but does not move. The elf raises his eyebrows, then motions to Jhary, crosses a finger across his throat, and then points in the general direction of the kobold guard.

Then he smiles at Jhary slightly challengingly.

OOC: I'm back! But beside Jhary and the DM, where's the rest?

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary, assuming the others will follow and attack enmass, moved over the hillock and attacked the kobold sentry with short sword.

(We'll miss you greenmountain. Jhary's attack roll was 5. Can't remember how to calculate with THACO and all that. Fairly certain that's a miss, no matter how you calculate. 😬🤓😜)

"Oh! Flibberty-gibbet!" The hobbit screamed.

The little white mouse also squeaked.

JustinCase

Muttering a curse under his breath when the halfling attacks -- the elf would've preferred less aggressive tactics -- Aego moves behind Jhary and throws the dagger that once belonged to a travelling human minstrel at the kobold. The fine blade flies over the hobbit's head, straight at the sentry...

OOC: What with THAC0 and all, I lack the instinct to know whether my attack roll hits. The THAC0 for the dagger is 19, so with my roll of 16 (is that modified by my high Dex?) I think I hit AC 3, for 3 points of damage.

Wait, that sounds like a very good roll. :)

Aego dagger attack:
1D20 = [16] = 16
1D4 = [3] = 3

OOC: Sorry to see you go, @Greenmtn!

William Smith1

Explorer
Aego's dagger whizzes past Jhary's ear as Jhary swings wildly and misses the kobold. Aego's dagger finds its mark and buries itself in the kobold's guts. The kobold lets out a feeble scream and drops to the ground apparently dead.

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary scrambles over the top of the mound. The little white mouse scurried down his leg to sniff at the kobold corpse. Likewise, the hobbit bent to search the corpse then turned to the door. (Detect traps on door, then pick lock if Jhary thinks it's clear.)

JustinCase

Moving up to the prone kobold, Aego cautiously watches for any signs of life from the apparently dead kobold before attempting to reclaim his dagger. The elf does not take his eyes off the creature, for fear of it not being dead and striking out at the vulnerable wizard. He does, however, shrugs in response to Dorana, indicating he doesn't know if there are more guards.

Remove ads