Winter IrondDM (Winner)!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
To give Seasong some kudos:

The enstoned (is that a word?) blackguards are very nice. The sound you hear in Texas all the way from Masschusetts is the YOINK of me grabbing that idea. Of course, in my campaign it's an evil tyrant who commonly uses a variant flesh-to-stone on those who oppose her, but still.

John

seasong

First Post
Quickbeam: Saturday looks best to me. How about Saturday AM, to maximize your time? That will also give me some extra time to prep for my Friday session.

mythago

Hero
1. Medusae can be male--or at least, when I double-checked the MM, it didn't indicate that they must be female. (Of course the historical Medusa was female, but then she didn't do many of the things ascribed to the MM versions either...)

2. Really, I didn't think the medusa/lich with mook guards was out of line. I used the D&D party I'm usually in--about 4 to 5 12-13 level characters--and judged whether we would have been able to take out the monster. A challenge? Sure, but having seen our dwarven warrior (who is a fighter with some levels of barbarian) chew through high CL encounters, I wasn't that worried about the numbers being imperfect. With the statues as a clue, the PCs should know that they're at least dealing with a powerful sorceror, and plan accordingly.

3. I am, again, a victim of overzealous self-editing. Originally the PCs were going to return in triumph to Gaol-Isle to fetch Calistan personally, having to negotiate with the kraken en route. But with fear of the wordcount running over, I snipped that.

Good luck, seasong and Quickbeam!

incognito

First Post
Seasong and Quickbeam: I can post the ingredients, 6 PM on Friday, if this would help your timelines. Is that ok?

Mythago: While I am happy your Dwarven barbarian and current party are so effective, I have to say IronDM submissions are judged for their general playability, not one particular party.

I myself DM a campaign which at one time contained 3 rogues; this made anything that could be 'sneak attacked' vunerable, but that does not mean I should write a scenario with an EL +8 encounter for the IronDM contest and expect parties to live through it.

I consider you a brilliant writer who needs to take just a bit more time to fine tune, and you are going to start sweeping these things.

Last edited:

mythago

Hero
While I am happy your Dwarven barbarian and current party are so effective, I have to say IronDM submissions are judged for their general playability, not one particular party.

Absolutely. I was just explaining why I used a high-CL creature for a mid-level party--I didn't just pull it out of the air. Of course it would depend a great deal on the character classes, players, dice rolls and what have you.

I consider you a brilliant writer who needs to take just a bit more time to fine tune, and you are going to start sweeping these things.

Well shucks. Thanks. :)

incognito

First Post
Final Round!

Quickbeam vs. Seasong

ingredients
Single combat
Cycle of life
Brass ring
Frenzied, elven monk
Hidden agenda
Lernaean Hydra

The time is now 5:50 EST. Good luck quickbeam and seasong.

Note: extra ingreidents were always for the Grand IronDM Final Round. Since we are not using this, for this round, there are no extra ingredients.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases