D&D 5E Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Axel

First Post
Kynee nodded and chewed, thinking over Fergus' reply. Then she smiled, humourlessly. "It is plain as day that Elora is a Source. I am sorry Elora," she adds, addressing the other woman, "But there is no value in subterfuge here. If you do not know yet, Fergus can explain how we see such things."

Rising to her feet, Kynee headed for the door. "Darius, show me this evil by the lake before it grows dark. I would be drowned awake before asleep..."

Skarsgard

Explorer
Darius quickly wolfs down the last of his meal.

"I don't know what about it made me feel.... uncomfortable." he takes a long swig of water.

"I'll show you."

Axel

First Post
Kynee stood swiftly and elegantly, rolling both her shoulders around on the way to the door. She paused, drawing a last lungful of warm air before pushing past Darius back into the cold.

Outside, Kynee shivered involuntarily, waiting a moment for her eyes to adjust to the gloom from indoors. She said nothing, waiting for Darius to lead down to the lake.

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia shrugs and follows along. As to the other conversation she overheard, she had no comment for it. She'd known Elora was a Source from the start. One Source knew another; there was no hiding the outpouring of magic from one. It hadn't even occurred to her that others might not have had that subtle sense. Something to think on, for later.

"Should be interesting to see what can set Darius on edge," she comments.

Trying to get a rise out of Darius was becoming something of a game for her. He was so stoic! Somewhere he had a button though, and she'd press it sooner or later. Oh yes.

Quickleaf

Legend
Astoundingly blue even at sunset, the little lake seems almost supernaturally colored. Of course, a ranger like Darius knew that it was more likely due to the powdery "rock flour" that grinds off the mountain runoff changing the way light was perceived. Still, however, the effect was a turquoise blue of startling intensity. The waters of the lake seem almost opaque due to dissolved matter. A tangle of old and new animal tracks are vaguely visible around the edges, mostly mountain goat it would seem.

Kynee feels her cat medallion hum faintly against her skin once at the lake's edge. It's an especially soft vibration, not the rattling normally accompanying the presence of a monster. Strange.

As Talashia follows, hoping to get a rise out of the ranger who she had been on the road with the past 3 days, she gets a tingling feeling along the base of her spine upon examining the lake. Magic. After a moment she is certain there is some kind of illusory magic imbuing the lake.

✦ ✦ ✦​

Tentatively, Odvara looks across the table at Elora, "You're like me? Your father was an elf?" It is clear from her tone, Odvara has never met a fellow half-elf before. The cooking fire in the stone pit cracks and hisses, hungering for more wood.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Kynee stood still, enjoying the view and stillness as much as she was thinking. And listening.

"This place is different. I feel it," is all she said.

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia's attention immediately focuses on the water, and she narrows her eyes a bit. The magic crackles in the air, and the image of the lake wavers slightly to her sight. She can smell it, like the ozone just before the first thunderclap.

"This lake isn't what it seems. I'm...not sure exactly what it is, but it's not as we see it."

Skarsgard

Explorer
Darius unlimbers his handaxes. "This cannot be a coincidence. Do you have any way of working out what is going on?" He stares at the water a moment and juggling his weapons he picks up a large stone.

"I am going back to Odvara, but first..." he tosses the stone into the lake.

Axel

First Post
"Illusion then," Kynee says. There is no question, just simple statement. "Only unpleasantness hi... I wouldn't do..."

"That." she concludes, watching helplessly as the rock ripples the surface.

"Go, then. Bring Fergus when you return," Kynee adds, a note of exasperation in her voice as she moves further around the lake. Away from the hut and away from the others.

Quickleaf

Legend
The stone, about the size of a human head, slaps the turquoise blue water, immediately sinking after a loud 'plunk.' It fades from sight in the water as soon as it hits the surface, leaving only fanning ripples in its wake. Despite the water's seeming purity it is opaque almost like paint. As if in response, a sighing breeze rustles the nearby pines. Despite such winds being normal during sunset, especially at altitude, the breeze feels distinctly...feminine...to the three by the lake.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases