Wizard/Ranger multiclass questions

Alarius

First Post
Hey all, just popped in to ask a few questions regarding multiclassing.

I might be on the wrong track here, but I'm reading the rangers [W] powers and the Wizard's Magic Missile daily at will as a ranged attack you can use instead of a "weapon attack".

So the way I read it, a power like Twin Strike would allow you to fire 2 Magic Missiles at 2 different targets doing 2d4+Int damage?

Or when you get higher in levels you can do some more funny things like: Hawk's Talon: 2[2d4+Int] + Dex damage?

Not sure what to rule exactly. Seems that Magic Missile is a ranged basic attack meaning you can substitute ranged in the Ranger Powers with Magic Missile.

If this is correct you can make some pretty interesting wizard (striker) combos with the ranger class and return some beef to the lackluster wizard.

Kordeth

First Post
Alarius said:
Hey all, just popped in to ask a few questions regarding multiclassing.

I might be on the wrong track here, but I'm reading the rangers [W] powers and the Wizard's Magic Missile daily at will as a ranged attack you can use instead of a "weapon attack".

So the way I read it, a power like Twin Strike would allow you to fire 2 Magic Missiles at 2 different targets doing 2d4+Int damage?

Or when you get higher in levels you can do some more funny things like: Hawk's Talon: 2[2d4+Int] + Dex damage?

Not sure what to rule exactly. Seems that Magic Missile is a ranged basic attack meaning you can substitute ranged in the Ranger Powers with Magic Missile.

If this is correct you can make some pretty interesting wizard (striker) combos with the ranger class and return some beef to the lackluster wizard.

No. A basic attack is a specific type of attack--it's not the same thing as "any attack that does [W] damage." Twin Strike lets you make two attacks as a standard action, not two basic attacks.

Subumloc

First Post
Magic Missile counts as a basic ranged attack, but unfortunately that doesn't make it a weapon. So no, you can't use ranger powers with Magic Missile ;-)

Alarius

First Post
Wow :)

Thanks for the quick answers.

Splendid feedback as well. Will do a bit of rule digging when I get my hands on the books though - but this could potentially be my first houserule (after a while and running a few number's tests).

Remove ads