D&D 5E Wizards is hiring a senior game designer for Dungeons & Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

darjr

I crit!
Who here is applying? Am I going to be able to say "I argued with them, nattering over minuscule ideas, over at ENWorld!"

We are seeking a Senior Game Designer to work with our design team to conceptualize and build Dungeons & Dragons products. In this role, you’ll help craft the future of D&D by designing and writing significant portions of future products, mentoring junior designers, and assisting in commissioning and managing freelance writers. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, can design and write innovative and high-quality RPG material, and hit deadlines, this role is for you. We’re looking for passion and integrity in equal measure.

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 9.51.13 PM.png

darjr

I crit!
I don't see any mention of compensation for the job. Some modicum of information on salary and benefits on a job listing ought to be standard for any sort of major company like Hasbro. RPGs pay notoriously poorly, but people who create 'fun' things don't deserve to be poor.

It would be very interesting to see if the "LinkedIn estimate" of 93,000-148,000 USD will be respected. Given the information in another thread about the pay in this industry, I'd be guessing that it won't.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It would be very interesting to see if the "LinkedIn estimate" of 93,000-148,000 USD will be respected. Given the information in another thread about the pay in this industry, I'd be guessing that it won't.
As part of Hasbro, WotC isn't typical of the industry. When talking about the industry in that context, people aren't usually talking about WotC.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I don’t know how well the position pays, but they certainly have a lot more money then the rest of the industry.
A top, well known designer could (re)join Wotc. Who could it be?

ECMO3

Hero
RPGs pay notoriously poorly, but people who create 'fun' things don't deserve to be poor.
Yes they do. People deserve to be paid according to the scarcity of their skills, rarity and production. They absolutely deserve to be poor if their life goals are designed around staying poor. Choices have consequences.

There are plenty of people who would love to be RPG designers as such the pay should be very low and I will bet they get tens of thousands of applications for this job. Heck I would love to do it, but I would rather keep my high salary as an aerospace engineer and let WOTC pay someone else to do it for $50k a year and I will play what they design, while having money left over for other things.

There's no reason why any employer would "respect" an estimate made by a third party. That said, since the estimate is based on the self-reported salaries of other WotC Senior Game Designers, it's probably realistic that they'll pay at least not too much below that for a new hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases