D&D 5E Wizards is hiring a senior game designer for Dungeons & Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave2008

Legend
I truly wonder at the state of WOTC and their hiring practices/standards that they have to do an open call like this. What, precisely, is the management team at WOTC looking for in said senior designer? The fact they can't fill this position internally and choose a cattle call speaks volumes to me.
OK, I'll bite - what volumes is it speaking to you. It seems more likely that your interpretation of this announcement has more to do with you than the realities at WotC.

Last edited:

MGibster

Legend
I had a look at the full job requirements on the WOTC web page. They are all reasonable, and indeed "inclusive", if by that term one means anyone who has the skill set described has a shot at the job. The requirement "6+ years designing RPG products with significant credits on products from known publishers." will hugely limit the qualified applicants.
Yes it will limit the number of qualified applicants which is fine. This is for a senior level position at the largest RPG company in the industry working on the preeminent game in the RPG sphere and requiring six years of experience is entirely appropriate.

dave2008

Legend
For context, 42% of Americans over the age of 25 have a college degree. Having a college degree is something "regular folks" have all the time.
I am actually still surprised how low the number is. Though a great many more attend, but don't get a degree. When you get into masters and PHDs, the numbers get really low.

Whomever had to choose senior X to manage both Junior A and B, who wanted the job of their former boss, departing senior Y, knows that it might be wiser to appoint X from outside than promote A over B or vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases