Wizards Open Call for Novels

takyris

First Post
Well, just got my form rejection in the mail. Anybody else?

(I am pleased to note, though, that one of my buddies has been invited to send in the whole thing.)

John Crichton

First Post
I didn't submit anything as I've just recently starting writing again.

Taky - Tough luck, man. Keep plugging along.

Ryan - Keep us updated. Was this submission for Eberron novels?

takyris

First Post
Thanks, JC, but honestly, I'm not bummin' on this one. I know it's a good novel, and I know they got a lot of them. My novel and my friend's were, while both fantasy, pretty much polar opposites in terms of writing style, so I think that mine was just not the right fit.

Ranger, he's a lurker, I believe. I don't know that he posts here, but I know that he's visited. All I feel comfortable saying on his behalf is that it is a low-magic fantasy novel with a young protagonist and a fairly gritty feel.

Don't know if he's the one, or if other people are going to get called in, but good luck to everyone who hasn't heard back yet. :)

DarkSoldier

First Post
I didn't find out until after I'd sent my entry that Canadian stamps aren't valid in the US, so they can't use my SASE to tell me if I've been rejected.

FraserRonald

Explorer
DarkSoldier said:
I didn't find out until after I'd sent my entry that Canadian stamps aren't valid in the US, so they can't use my SASE to tell me if I've been rejected.

Hey There

Just for future reference, you can order US stamps from the US Postal Service over the Internet. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than International Reply Coupons, which are also an option. Use Canadian postage to mail it and affix US postage to the SASE.

Sorry that this is too late to help, but hopefully it'll be of use in the future.

Take care.

Remove ads