D&D (2024) Wizards Presents show on August 18th! Update: WotC announces guests and time.

Reynard

Legend
Wizards has been very clear about backwards compatibility. The changes are so small that just released Starter Set is meant to continue as the starter set for several years
People are SO certain, and defensive about it. I don't actually care whether there is a big or small shift with the 2024 edition. I just find it amusing that so many people have decided already. Do you really think WotC would be giving indications of a bigger shift while they still have a bunch of stuff in the pipeline?

Rikka66

Adventurer
I would bet Eldraine was designed for different plataforms, not only for Magic and D&D but also to be adapted to a Hollywood production in the future.
You think that about every setting.

Ikoria cards aren't even in Standard rotation anymore, IIRC, or soon wonbe.
They've been out of standard for almost a year now. There's also the weirdness that the marketing of the set (world of giant monsters) didn't match the actual intent of the set (world of monsters, some of which are giants but that's just one trope among several).

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
What is up folks saying "Vecna!" Every time they see a Lich? First it's Szazz Tam (whose way more interesting then Vecna) in honor among thieves trailer, and now it's Acekrak.
Well Szazz Tam did not get the role in Stranger Things. The studio probably thought that someone with so many ''z'' in their name can not be Hollywood material.

Acecerak is a much better evil guy, with that famous quote from ToA: ''why be a god when you can be the one who makes them?'' Is that bad-ass or what?!

Well Szazz Tam did not get the role in Stranger Things. The studio probably thought that someone with so many ''z'' in their name can not be Hollywood material.

Acecerak is a much better evil guy, with that famous quote from ToA: ''why be a god when you can be the one who makes them?'' Is that bad-ass or what?!

Read the Griffin Brother Saga & Red Wizards, Acecerak can go hold Tam's beer.

Plus Vecna didn't get a role in Honor Among Thieves, Szazz Tam did.

Last edited:

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Read the Griffin Brother Saga,Acecerak can go hold Tam's beer.

Nha, Szazz (c'mon, clearly its not their real name) is regional baddy. ACCRK (now that's a name everybody will write every time without misspelling!) has the multiverse has his playground for him and his traveling dungeon of horror.

(just kidding, I really dont care which archlich is the best.)

Remove ads