D&D (2024) Wizards Presents show on August 18th! Update: WotC announces guests and time.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Make my own thread about my comment directly about the topic of this thread? That makes no sense. I don’t like the focus on who is presenting and making a big deal about it instead of what will be presented.
I mean…they can’t make a big deal about what will be presented as that would spoil the surprise. All they can talk about now is the presenters. There’s only so many times you can say “It’ll be huge!” before people ignore you and wait until the day.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Make my own thread about my comment directly about the topic of this thread? That makes no sense. I don’t like the focus on who is presenting and making a big deal about it instead of what will be presented.

Mod Note:
Your stated example for not liking this focus was... GenCon. Which isn't run by WotC, and is not relevant to this thread. That apparent mixing of issues was why he asked you to take it to another discussion.

Now, both of you, please drop it.

"Maro’s Dominaria United Teaser

Before previews for Dominaria United officially begin, I thought it would be fun to do another of my Duelist-style teasers where I give tiny hints of things to come. Note that I’m only giving you partial information.

First up, here are some things you can expect:

• a new evergreen counter

• a popular planeswalker card gets a reprint

• a blue card with “destroy all creatures”

• a five mana value creature that can be a 10/10

• three original Weatherlight crew members are in the set

• an ability word that didn’t start as an ability word returns

• rare cycle of +1/+1 granting lords

• a card that grants poison

• a new artifact with Lotus in the name

• a character players have been requesting get a card for years finally gets one

Next, here are some rules text that will be showing up on cards:

• “As long as enchanted creature is legendary”

• “You may exile an instant or sorcery with mana value X or less from among them.”

• “exile each nonland permanent with mana value 2 or less”

• “Enchantment creatures you control have”

• “if X is 3 or less”

• “For each opponent who doesn’t, that player loses 2 life and you draw a card.”

• “instant or sorcery card with mana value 1 or 2”

• “Pay any amount of mana.”

• “Vehicles you control have crew 1.”

• “where X is the number of legendary creatures you control.”

Finally, here are some creature type lines in the set:

• Creature – Dryad Warrior

• Creature – Phyrexian Horse

• Creature – Elf Archer (in red)

• Creature – Lhurgoyf

• Creature – Human Kor Soldier

• Legendary Creature – Elemental Demon

• Legendary Creature – Frog Beast

• Legendary Creature – Elf Artificer

• Legendary Creature – Viashino Warlock

• Legendary Creature – Phyrexian Merfolk Wizard

August 18th will be an exciting day for Magic fans. Tune in on the official Magic YouTube channel or twitch.tv/Magic at 9AM to watch Wizards Presents where you’ll learn about the exciting releases and announcements both Magic and D&D have in store for fans in 2023, followed by Dominaria’s debut day and preview stream!"

In M:tG what is "compleation"?

Getting turned into a Phryrexian, it's like becoming a Borg crossed with a unwilling religious conversion and a being turned into a Hellraiser Cenobite all mixed together and it's horrifying as all heck, like just dying is preferable.

Anyways here the link to the guide to previews for Dominaria United, and it confirms Wizards Presents will have the first previewy of spoiler season and the sets mechanics among all kinds of other news.

This is going to be jam packed show.

What about Witchlight as setting? Ravenloft started being only one module.

I wonder if there is some risk announcing a new-brand line when the fanbase wanted a new updated setting. I suggest to do both, in the same day annoucing a revival and a new line, but then maybe the old glory would be the center of atention.

Maybe "Gamma World" would be one of the future "planes" for M:tG, but in this case it would be a fictional world, not our future post-apocalypse, and some zones could had got some touch of gothic+folk horror.

Remove ads