D&D 5E WizKids Announces Largest Tiamat Miniature Ever

The largest official Tiamat miniature ever at nearly 15 inches tall and nearly 30 inches wide, is coming this September from WizKids, according to IGN. https://www.ign.com/articles/dungeons-dragons-massive-tiamat-miniature-announced-largest-wizkids-miniature-ever Slated to hit store shelves in September of this year and available for pre-order in the WizKids online shop, the miniature will...

The largest official Tiamat miniature ever at nearly 15 inches tall and nearly 30 inches wide, is coming this September from WizKids, according to IGN.

Slated to hit store shelves in September of this year and available for pre-order in the WizKids online shop, the miniature will be priced "under $400" with more details to come, and tower over your player characters, monster miniatures, most of your terrain pieces, and likely some small pets at 28.9 inches (73.4 cm) wide, 14.6 inches (37.1 cm) tall, and 16.8 inches (42.8 cm) long, supported by a 200mm clear round base. This new miniature will be the largest officially licensed, playable representation of the classic Dungeons & Dragons antagonist since her earliest incarnation by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax back in 1975.

1617036387570.png

Mirtek

Hero
Got the surprise of my life this morning - Tiamat as a Christmas present from my brother!

She's actually my 3rd Tiamat miniature - the first was a 70/80's grenadier model, the second was an Aspect of Tiamat from the 00's, and now this baby. She's grown quite a bit over the years.
What a nice surprise. So if she keeps growing at that rate, you better prepare your lawn for the next one you'll get in a few years :oops:

I finally received the shipping notice. I guess I need to look up her stats to calculate how many rounds she needs to fly across the atlantic. It's a shame that 5e deities have such barebone stats, in 3e she could have just teleported at will to me.

MGibster

Legend
On the left, metal Grenadier Tiamat from the 80’s, the right is Tiamat from War of the Dragon Queen (from 2006), and in the middle the new one from WizKids
While I have a soft spot for those old Grenadier miniatures, sometimes it's hard to believe how much technology has improved over the last 40 years giving us such magnificently detailed sculpts. I do prefer painting my own miniatures which is one of the reasons I'm going to give Big Mama Tiamat a pass (price is another consideration but I think it's worth it), but I think I'm going to find a big giant dragon to paint and paint it.

Stormonu

Legend
While I have a soft spot for those old Grenadier miniatures, sometimes it's hard to believe how much technology has improved over the last 40 years giving us such magnificently detailed sculpts. I do prefer painting my own miniatures which is one of the reasons I'm going to give Big Mama Tiamat a pass (price is another consideration but I think it's worth it), but I think I'm going to find a big giant dragon to paint and paint it.
Yeah, I reeeeeeally hate the grenadier models nowadays because they fall apart so easily. In fact, I had to glue her back together just for the pic!

If you're willing to wait 6 months to a year, my guess is they'll release an unpainted version of this model for a much more sane price - they've done it with almost all their other minis so far.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I think Storm is correct as I think Vee mentioned that on the wizkids YouTube channel that they were looking at releasing an unpainted version of it.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I received an email today from wizkids about preordering an unpainted version of Tiamat.

$367 for unpainted MSRP, $419 painted. That’s not much of a difference.

Remove ads

Remove ads