• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WizKids Elemental Evil miniatures boosters

WotC's upcoming Elemental Evil miniatures (via WizKids) include an ogre. There are 44 Elemental Evil miniatures in total, releasing on March 31st in randomly assorted booster sets for $15.99 each. "Collect all 44 figures from Elemental Evil, the newest set of randomly sorted monsters and heroes in our exciting new line of D&D miniatures, Icons of the Realms. Bring the world of the Forgotten Realms to life with these new miniatures from the Elemental Evil storyline. Wage war against prophets, monsters and elemental creatures to thwart their devious plans to wreak massive amounts of havoc upon the Material Plane!"

WotC's upcoming Elemental Evil miniatures (via WizKids) include an ogre. There are 44 Elemental Evil miniatures in total, releasing on March 31st in randomly assorted booster sets for $15.99 each. "Collect all 44 figures from Elemental Evil, the newest set of randomly sorted monsters and heroes in our exciting new line of D&D miniatures, Icons of the Realms. Bring the world of the Forgotten Realms to life with these new miniatures from the Elemental Evil storyline. Wage war against prophets, monsters and elemental creatures to thwart their devious plans to wreak massive amounts of havoc upon the Material Plane!"

ogre.jpg

turkeygiant

First Post
Agreed. I am not paying $16 for 4 random plastic miniatures. Not when I can get 300 from a set of Pathfinder pawns for $39.

Ideally I would like to see WotC make sets of flat token pawns like the ones that came in the Monster Vault (privateer press also puts them in their star wars rpg starter boxes). Minis are visually the best but they can be expensive, the pathfinder pawns are ok but I find them a little too big, they don't fit nicely on a 1 inch grid, and when you line up too many pathfinder pawns they basically make a wall and obscure what's behind them.

WackyAnne

First Post
Turkey giant, the PF pawns are standees, and sit in circular bases that fit perfectly within the grid, so I don't understand that part of your point. However, I can see what you mean about the wall effect with the pawns, all that whitespace, and the tiny (if lovely) artwork. Personally, I like paper minis (full front/back artwork like One Monk or Okumarts, not like the mirrored PF paper minis), as they are scale more to look like real minis.
If you like tokens, though, nothing simpler. The 4E sets aren't too hard to track down. Also, they can easily be made by using 1" or 2" paper punches on cheap magic cards, or just printing artwork onto cardstock (or onto sticker paper, then pressing on disks of cardboard, etc.)...

Stormonu

Legend
Seems funny that Wizkids is producing D&D minis now, considering the old war between MageKnight, Chainmail and then DDM. Hope the sets get better, with this being like Harbinger in quality. The ogre mini looks like he's made out of crayola air-dry clay.

Chimpy

First Post
The first set had a few nice minis in but I felt it the minis weren't generic enough to get much re-use. Hope this set has some more figures that will get more play.

Also the last set didn't get released in time for the encounters season.

turkeygiant

First Post
Turkey giant, the PF pawns are standees, and sit in circular bases that fit perfectly within the grid, so I don't understand that part of your point. However, I can see what you mean about the wall effect with the pawns, all that whitespace, and the tiny (if lovely) artwork. Personally, I like paper minis (full front/back artwork like One Monk or Okumarts, not like the mirrored PF paper minis), as they are scale more to look like real minis.
If you like tokens, though, nothing simpler. The 4E sets aren't too hard to track down. Also, they can easily be made by using 1" or 2" paper punches on cheap magic cards, or just printing artwork onto cardstock (or onto sticker paper, then pressing on disks of cardboard, etc.)...

The Med pathfinder pawns that should be 1'' across are actually 1 1/8'' across so they really don't fit that well onto a 1'' grid, especially when you are using lots of them. I always have the problem of bumping and shifting all the other pawns when trying to just move one because they all overlap slightly into the adjacent squares...

Remove ads

Remove ads