Pathfinder 1E Wizkids should take the Pathfinder 1.0 ruleset and publish their own RPG.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
If anyone does this I am certain it will not be Wizkids. They have a promotional partnership with Paizo. They pretty much make all of the Pathfinder minis.

Green Onceler

Explorer
Locally we have been running into issues finding 1st Edition GMs though.

That's interesting. We have the reverse situation. Not enough GMs confident enough to GM 2e yet.

Although, I am sure this will change and 2e will become the norm as GMs, and players, become more familiar.

ccs

41st lv DM
As far as I can tell they are also continuing to support 1st Edition play in Pathfinder Society even though they won't be producing new scenarios. You can still purchase 10 years of scenarios, register new 1st Edition characters, and local chapters are trying to run 1st Edition events in addition to 2nd Edition and Starfinder.

Locally we have been running into issues finding 1st Edition GMs though.

Well. Looks like some of you'll have to step up.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Wasn't that the case with Paizo and WOTC just before Pathfinder was released?

That case in particular involved Wizards of the Coast making a series of boneheaded business moves that adversely impacted Paizo and basically forced their hand. First they ended Paizo's stewardship of Dragon and Dungeon despite the magazines never being better. Second they released 4th Edition with an overly restrictive license that limited the content creators could provide including limitations on mature content. While I liked the setting changes personally, the radically changed the underlying setting. At this point Paizo was already producing the Pathfinder Adventure Path magazine using a setting that was very much informed by the current default setting with adventures planned well in advance.

I honestly don't see any reality where they could have made another choice. They were pretty much boxed into a corner.

ccs

41st lv DM
Wasn't that the case with Paizo and WOTC just before Pathfinder was released?

Not quite.
Paizo wrote 3.5 adventures & material and published the Dungeon & Dragon magazines. When the mags were cancelled & WoTC went the pretty much in-house 4e route, Paizo had to evolve or die.
They correctly asessed that there was still a perfectly viable market for the D20 system.
Thus PF1.

Remove ads