• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WoG timeline rollback suggestions (OK, is that better?)

S'mon

Legend
Christian said:
Zagyg's beard, that was insane.

I spent a couple of hours on that last night, and threw in the towel. May go back to it sometime, though-I did do a couple of clever things that were worth saving.

For the record, I didn't get to weather per se. :( I do now have a spreadsheet that calculates, (based on date, latitude, and elevation) the sunrise/sunset times, phases of the moons, and high and low temperatures per the system in the Glossography.

Well, that's pretty great. :)
Please send me it at simontmn@bun.com!

-Simon

chatdemon

First Post
I'm confused...

New Greyhawk sucks, right? But the Living Keoland site, which is solidly based on New Greyhawk canon, is cool?

I still think this thread smells like a troll...

S'mon

Legend
chatdemon said:
I'm confused...

New Greyhawk sucks, right? But the Living Keoland site, which is solidly based on New Greyhawk canon, is cool?

Personally I don't use the Living... stuff, it's designed very differently from the way I see Oerth. Eg they seem to have multiplied all the original population figures by 5 or 6, so Urnst is now bigger than Nyrond used to be! And stuck in lots of new towns. It looks over-populated and over-civilised to me.

Dan Stack

First Post
While my Greyhawk timeline is set in the early 590's, it seems that my games move towards more of a flavor from the old editions. In the 591 settings (Gazeteer, Living Greyhawk) things sometimes do seem a tad extreme - a massive Iuz to the north, the Scarlet Brotherhood enforcing blockades to the south, etc. However, it does seem to be set up so it doesn't take much to break them apart - Iuz seems barely able to hold his territories together, the Scarlet Brotherhood has had some rebellions to deal with. I suspect it wouldn't take much of a push to get things to a similar feel of the original setting. Iuz might lose control of his empire (perhaps he can be reimprisoned in Castle Greyhawk with another taking over the country). The Scarlet Brotherhood may decide the blockade costs more than it is worth.

Midnight Rider

First Post
EricNoah said:
Come on boys and girls, let's start with the assumption that he has a serious request. No need to bash yet. :)

Yes, Eric, it's true. Some topics on the boards are no longer taken seriously due to the Flame Wars. I'm just wondering whether ENWorld was better before the Flame Wars, and while I don't want to be labeled old-school, I sometimes wish we could roll back the clock to the years before 576, when Eric Noah wrote the ENWorld Gazeteer.

Midnight Rider

First Post
chatdemon said:
I'm confused...

That's because anything you disagree with trolls you even if it isn't a troll doing it.

chatdemon

First Post
Midnight Rider said:

That's because anything you disagree with trolls you even if it isn't a troll doing it.

And frankly, the main strike against WoG is the goofy recent history that's been cooked up by TSR & WotC over the last few years.

then

lo and behold, at The Kingom of Keoland, there's many megabytes of useful data on the history, politics, and geography of Keoland. That's just for one kingdom in an enormous continent!

The qoutes speak for themselves.
Take whatever you have against me and stick it.
There is a glaring inconsistency in this guys posts, I was pointing out the obvious.

Midnight Rider

First Post
chatdemon said:

And frankly, the main strike against WoG is the goofy recent history that's been cooked up by TSR & WotC over the last few years.

then

lo and behold, at The Kingom of Keoland, there's many megabytes of useful data on the history, politics, and geography of Keoland. That's just for one kingdom in an enormous continent!

The qoutes speak for themselves.
Take whatever you have against me and stick it.
There is a glaring inconsistency in this guys posts, I was pointing out the obvious.

I think he may be stating one area is nice while the rest, in his opinion, not necessarily mine, is "goofy."

I was simply stating, trolls are meant to raise disagreement, so anything which raises disagreement could be a troll. Therefore, in a place where there are a lot of trolls, anytime you disagree strongly with something, you're going to wonder if you're being trolled.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Time to take a step back and take a deep breath. If you can't be polite, you shouldn't be responding; it's pretty much that simple.

Thanks.

chatdemon

First Post
Piratecat said:
Time to take a step back and take a deep breath. If you can't be polite, you shouldn't be responding; it's pretty much that simple.

Agreed, and apologies for the harsh post. Things greyhawk related tend to get me fired up, as anyone who is on the GH lists knows, trolls and naysayers are, and have been a problem for quite some time, but I shouldn't take my overall frustration with GH fandom out here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads