[WOIN] What additional material would you like to see?

easl

Explorer
Hey all,
I thought I'd open up a thread on material you'd like to see the wonderful folk at WOIN produce (disclosure: I'm merely a lurker/fan. I have no affiliation with the designers). I'll start with some suggestions for OLD:

1. The Firemage...me likey. But it begs the question, where are the other elementalists? Where's the Airmage, the Earthmage, the Watermage? The Illusionist? The Artificer?

2. Sort of a follow-on to 1, are we going to see elementals in the bestiary? Because you know that Firemage you designed is just begging to drop a giant salamander on anyone with the temerity to try and melee them. I mean really, how is my PC supposed to work up a good mad cackle with just an aura of fire?

3. Races. Much kudos to the design team for their (several!) EON articles about additional races. I highly recommend everyone donate and get them, if you haven't already. But I still pine for something...even more different. Hey guys, if you're going to throw a pixie in to your adventures as an NPC, why not just jump in with both feet. Give us pixies and giants as PCs! Gargoyles! Shapeshifters! Golems escaped from the mad alchemist's lab and all angsty about not being a real boy!

I'll bow out now and let others suggest additional material. Cry havoc, and let loose the dogs of imagination...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I definitely plan to do the other elementalists for EONS. And yep, elementals will indeed be in the Bestiary. I'm toying with the idea of presenting each (sentient) creature also as a race in the Bestiary.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In the meantime, before monsters-as-races appears in the Bestiary, here's a rough pass at the Pixie (since you requested it!):

[h=4]Pixie[/h]
Size: Tiny; fey
Attributes: STR -1, AGI +3, INT +2, LUC +2, MAG +3
Skill Choices: dancing, singing, bows, stealth, perception, reactions, dodging, charm, illusion.

Fey. As fey, pixies can sense magic within 10' of them and are vulnerable (1d6) to cold iron.

Pixie Bow.
Pixies start play with a pixie bow. A pixie bow (which only works when used by a pixie) automatically enchants arrows it fires. An arrow which damages a target renders it Drowsy, Distracted, or Tipsy as chosen by the pixie. The pixie bow does 1d6 damage, range 4, size tiny.

Truesight. Pixies can clearly see invisible creatures, through illusions and disguises, and see clearly in the dark.

Invisibility. Pixies can become invisible once-per-day by simply spending an action. Becoming visible again does not require an action.

Cantrips. Pixies can cause any minor effect with the power level of a cantrip. This only costs them one action.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Most of a giant's potential comes from its size and attributes. It doesn't have much by way of exploits.

[h=4]Hill Giant[/h]
Size: Gigantic; fey
Attributes: STR +6, END +6, LUC -2
Skill Choices: clubs, throwing, scent, hardy, carrying, brawling

Fey. As fey, giants can sense magic within 10' of them and are vulnerable (1d6) to cold iron.

Gigantic. Hill giants suffer -16 DEFENSE (minimum 10 as usual), do 3d6 natural damage, and have 10' reach.

Last edited:

User_Undefined

First Post
I've thought about other elemental mages, and unless or until they are codified, I'd just let a player make a firemage and replace fire with whatever element they wanted.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've thought about other elemental mages, and unless or until they are codified, I'd just let a player make a firemage and replace fire with whatever element they wanted.

Seems a reasonable approach. Not all exploits quite work though - a water aura is a bit hard to imagine!

Inchoroi

Adventurer
I want detailed, 1E-D&D-style-with-good-mechanics sandbox campaigns. Preferably longer ones, and a setting that sort of divorces itself from the standard D&D ideals, so that we don't have hold-overs mechanics from D&D to worry about. A complete sandbox setting + campaign written specifically for OLD, in other words.

For NEW, very similar sort of thing; can you tell that I love Sandbox stuff, as do my players?

capmarvel

First Post
I want detailed, 1E-D&D-style-with-good-mechanics sandbox campaigns. Preferably longer ones, and a setting that sort of divorces itself from the standard D&D ideals, so that we don't have hold-overs mechanics from D&D to worry about. A complete sandbox setting + campaign written specifically for OLD, in other words.

I concur completely.....and where is this stuff????

Remove ads