• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wolverine looks awesome!!!

fba827

Adventurer
Any idea who the young individual with different eye colors was?
It rings a bell but I just cant place it.

I didn't catch that image in the preview so I am not sure who you're talking about. However, the one x-men character i can think of off the top of my head with different eyes is Mastermind. He was also in X2 as Stryker's grown-up son (Jason Stryker - he was lobotomized and spinal fluid taken out and used as a tool by his father for the purpose of tricking Xavier and others). So it could very easily be a younger version of him (Jason/Mastermind) since Stryker will be there.

(This is presuming that I am remembering correctly in the fact that Mastermind has different colored eyes)

Staffan

Legend
I watched it and went, "Wait a minute, what is Wolverine doing at D-Day?"

Then I realized that I know next to nothing about the X-Men...
Wolverine has long been established as being old (there was a comic in 1990 that showed him in flashbacks with Captain America during WW2, looking pretty much the same as he does now). His healing factor keeps him from aging. Since his mind has been messed with so many times in his life, he didn't know his early history himself. In 2001-2002, Marvel published a limited series called Origin, in which it was established that he was born in the late 19th century as James Howlett.

He got all his memories back in the aftermath of the House of M event three years ago, and since then he's had a separate comic dealng with tracking down people from his past.

Arnwyn

First Post
A definite change? Striker, the guy from X2 involved in the whole Weapon X thing, was an American military officer. And you're surprised that they've kept that consistent with the new Wolverine movie?
Surprised? Not one little bit. Though at the time of X2 I was just going with an assumption that he worked alongside the Canadian gov't way back when the Weapon X program was active.

Don't know why they even bothered with Wolverine being in "Alberta, Canada" at the beginning of X1. Makes that kind of silly.

BadMojo

First Post
Yeah. On the one hand, the guy they've got now (Liev Schreiber) is a pretty decent actor, but on the other hand he's way too small. While I was watching the trailer, I was wondering how Sabretooth was going to grow 10 inches taller by X1.

Liev Schreiber is a fairly tall guy. I don't think Sabretooth is supposed to be exceptionally tall. He's supposed to be big guy and it does seem like Schreiber really bulked up for the role. I didn't even recognize him in the first few seconds of his appearance in that trailer.

For what it's worth, Hugh Jackman is bout 8 inches too tall to play Wolverine. ;)

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
I am guessing in the comics it is still Canadian. But the uniforms and weaponry involved in the trailer are distinctly American.

It is entirely possible that the writers weren't sure what WW2 Canadian uniforms would look like (I sure don't), and/or were more worried that American audiences would wonder what this made-up pseudo D-day landing was, because that was just the US, dammit*.

And, it isn't out of the question that the Canadians use American equipment; the Poles and Free French sure did, and the British used a lot of American tanks. That's probably enough of a fig leaf for them.

Nifty looking trailer, though, and I'll probably go see it. But I really did think Tyler Mane looked more like Sabertooth should.

Gambit can go hang himself, though.

* - Yes, I know the Canadians had a beach. And enough people probably do, too. But still.

Brad

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I am talking more about the modern stuff, like the Humvee and the uniform of the trying to sign Logan up for Weapon-X.

Though now that you mention it, it be great to have Wolverine at Juno Beach with the Canadians since we were the only ones to reach their final objective on D-Day. Sooo... Wolverine could have played a role in that :p

Darth Shoju

First Post
Liev Schreiber is a fairly tall guy. I don't think Sabretooth is supposed to be exceptionally tall. He's supposed to be big guy and it does seem like Schreiber really bulked up for the role. I didn't even recognize him in the first few seconds of his appearance in that trailer.

I don't think he's that tall in the comics, but they made sure he was in the first movie (I believe they put lifts in Tyler Mane's boots to make him 7' instead of his usual measly 6'10 :p ).

For what it's worth, Hugh Jackman is bout 8 inches too tall to play Wolverine. ;)

LOL I agree. It was a minor peeve of mine with the movie. At least they had James Marsden stand on a box so Cyclops wouldn't be shorter than little old " 5'3 " Wolverine.

Remove ads