Wonder Woman Out Dec 16th

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Wouldn't mind seeing it, but I still haven't seen the first one, or most of the other DC movies. Feel like I need to watch them first before moving onto the sequel which almost always means I end up not seeing the sequel since I don't get around to watching the earlier movies.

R_J_K75

Legend
If you want big budget movies though you might want to make an effort to go and buy popcorn.

Streaming atm can't replace the revenue stream of theaters.

It was a once a year thing for me but last year started going out more to see movies.
Cant remember where I saw it but it was on TV within the few last years. Anyhow you are correct that iirc from that program a huge amount of a movie theaters revenue is from concessions and not ticket sales.

Even before the pandemic more VOD/PPV movies that just released or werent even in the theater yet were available for $19.99 at home. Now that cost is even cheaper in some cases. For example, I rented "Stardust" for $6.99 last week, (wasnt worth even the $6.99). As people change the way they consume movies I think theaters are going to have to change their business model post-pandemic to compete. But I dont follow the industry numbers enough to know if they were down pre-pandemic, Im basing my opinion on my viewing habits and friends of mine.

Zardnaar

Legend
Cant remember where I saw it but it was on TV within the few last years. Anyhow you are correct that iirc from that program a huge amount of a movie theaters revenue is from concessions and not ticket sales.

Even before the pandemic more VOD/PPV movies that just released or werent even in the theater yet were available for $19.99 at home. Now that cost is even cheaper in some cases. For example, I rented "Stardust" for $6.99 last week, (wasnt worth even the $6.99). As people change the way they consume movies I think theaters are going to have to change their business model post-pandemic to compete. But I dont follow the industry numbers enough to know if they were down pre-pandemic, Im basing my opinion on my viewing habits and friends of mine.

You can pay for streaming but it's not enough for the studios.

I think Bond failed to sell for 300 million to a streaming service they wanted 600 million for it.

They trialed some releases earlier and "only" got 90 odd million in first couple of weeks.

Popcorn and movies about $14 usd here and there's a ticket combo.

There's also fast food and the premium seats have these tables so you can by a burger combo for $10 whatever and eat it watching the movie.

You're really paying for the experience.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist

Matrix 4 too?

tumblr_p5kenhNZWL1qicspho3_400.gif

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Is there much demand for a Matrix 4? After 2 and 3 who really wants to see more? I'm sure there's someone but....

It's on HBO Max, which means it will be free to me!

I re-watched the trilogy a little while ago. So the first one ... well, it's been copied a lot, but it still held up. What was surprising to me is that while the sequels were disappointing compared to the original, they were better than I remembered.

I think people had unrealistic expectations at the time. But, yeah, I'd like to see what they are going to do with it. I enjoyed Sense8.

Sacrosanct

Legend
@Sacrosanct : I feel for you, and I hope your partner's illness is short. But the fact her temperature is below normal implies to me that she may have something other than Covid-19. That might affect your thinking about how she got it? But I'm a nobody on the internet, so you should certainly do what you think best.
Tests finally came back. She did test negative, so that's good. however, they think she had meningitis. Which sucks. but since she's feeling better, they won't bring her in to test her completely because they are swamped with COVID patients. That's where we're at. Unless you're dying, just get over it on your own because there aren't resources to help you.

a lot of people view this as a COVID only thing. I.e., if you don't have covid, you're not impacted. The truth is everyone is impacted, from getting sick with something else, to injuries; you won't get proper care.

Wear your mask and stay home please.

Remove ads