D&D 5E Wording of Hex Warrior

Except for the sentence in parenthesis....
The sentence in parenthesis says exactly nothing with regards to rules.

(I'd also like to point out that nowhere does it say that the form the weapon takes is limited to something that exists in the game, so by your reading "My Pact Weapon is a lightsaber that does 20d10 damage" is legal)
I agree. I think I even mentioned lightsabres earlier.

Well, Chapter 5 does say that the weapons listed are just some of the common weapons used in the worlds of D&D. So more exist even though we don't know the stats for them.

Actually getting usable stats is completely DM fiat, of course.

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
The Shadow Blade is light, but in order to dual wield both weapons must be light. So, for example, you could dual wield a shadow blade + shortsword, but not shadow blade + longsword.
Right the rules have not changed. It original post was describing duel wielding and my example is a short sword. I don't see the point of your conflict since its still more damage than polearm master total damage and its still a cheaper investment to use two-weapon fighting with one spell selection you already have to pick than sacrificing an ASI for a feat. I am not sure what your trying to argue because no one but you has mentioned longswords or not using a light finesse weapon as the pact weapon.

Don't get me wrong; I think touching your weapon during a long rest is perfectly normal and healthy for a warlock your age.

Some adventurers like to wield their weapon with using raw strength, some using a more nimble dextrous approach, the hexblade warlock likes to get it done through raw force of will. 😏

...more relevant to the thread, I seriously never realized that the hexblade could have more than one weapon under it using their pact of the blade. I mean the logic is there but I've not actually set down and ever played one before mainly because I just felt like hex blade just felt boring and pact of the blade was already "good enough" in my mind, especially with something like celestial for a "DeX-pally" sort of combo, and it's not like one can completely ignore dex with only medium or light armor anyway.

shrugs The more you know.

Remove ads